Model #: iqc
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
Ensure Color Quality Control Across the Supply Chain
Ensuring accurate, consistent color across a global supply chain can be challenging. With Color iQC as an integral part of the color workflow, specifiers and suppliers alike can be assured that color quality is consistent in the laboratory, pre-production and production. Whether you are approving production samples or finished goods, Color iQC adapts to your workflow to make controlling color fast, easy and accurate. Color iQC is easily configurable to meet specific industry and quality control requirements.
Color iQC is available in a variety of configurations to meet most, if not all, industrial, print and packaging color quality control needs, including:
- Color iQC Professional, a high-end, job-oriented, template-drive quality control solution containing the industry’s most complete set of quality control features, streamlining color measurement, reporting and recording to maintain a centralized, cost-efficient process.
- Color iQC Management, a management and analysis configuration that has all of the functionality of Color iQC Professional but does not connect to a spectrophotometer.
- Color iQC Print, a job-oriented process control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in the print and packaging industries, incorporating the latest digital workflow technologies and standards for a complete color quality control solution.
- Color iQC Basic, an upgradeable entry-level color quality control solution ideal for color quality control and management in less complex environments.
- Color iQC Online Edition, a server-based solution that allows any number of locations to easily communicate and share color data over time. The Online configuration ensures centralized control and management yet provides easy access for all authorized users within the color network.
- Job-based solution leveraging portable jobs that contain color data and all criteria necessary for color management decisions, enabling all stakeholders to see data consistently across the color workflow.
- Define templates to establish common processes or materials, including pre-defined standards, tolerances, settings and displays to ensure operational consistency.
- Ability to define instrument calibration and measurement modes to ensure data integrity and accurate, correct measurement practices.
- Use the remote output feature to tailor and format any color data in order to seamlessly share consistent information with color partners.
- Centralized control and management of functionality and data with the ability to move from quality control to quality assurance, analyzing performance, identifying leading indicators and adjusting processes as necessary.
Color iQC is PantoneLIVE enabled. This means that users can retrieve the most up-to-date digital color standards from the cloud-based PantoneLIVE library in addition to or instead of using physical reference standards, which can be damaged, deteriorate over time, or be measured differently by operators in various locations using a variety of instruments.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Tranmission, Reflectance / Transmission, Over Light / Over Dark, SCI / SCE|
|Supported Profile Format||N/A|
|Color Differences||FMCII, CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*, Hunter DL, Da, Db, All Attributes of CIELab, CIELch or HunterLab, CMC (l:c), CIE2000 (l:c:h)|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*, Hunter Lab, CIE (XYZxy)|
|Illuminants||D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11, C, A, Horizon, TL84, Ultralume 3000|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Whiteness [ASTM E313, CIE, GANZ, Berger, Stensby, Taube, Tappi], Yellowness [ASTM E313, D1925], Opacity [Contrast Ratio, Tappi], Strength [SWL, Summed, Weighted Sum], Haze, Munsell Notation, Orange Juice, Gloss [ASTM E429, Gloss60], Grey Scale [ISO 105, Staining, Color Change], Metamerism, Color Constancy Index, APHA, Gardner Color Index, ASTM Color Index, Saybolt Color Index, AATCC TM203 Light Blocking Index, DIN55979 Blackness Index, G7 Substrate Compensation|
|Compatible Software Supporting DNG Profiles||N/A|
|Configuration Options||Basic, Professional, Management, Online Editions|
|Databases||MS Access, MS SQL Server|
|Experience Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Import/Export Format||CxF, QTX, JB5, MIF, XTF|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||No|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Scanner Target Support||N/A|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||5 GB - 100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- Color iQC-iMatch v220.127.116.11
- Color iQC-iMatch v18.104.22.168
- Color iQC-iMatch v22.214.171.124
- Color iQC-iMatch v126.96.36.199
- Color iQC-iMatch v188.8.131.52
- Taper Info doesn't show up in Color iControl
- Taper Adaptive Clustering tolerancing details
- FAQ Color iControl SQL Database User Error
- Windows7 and Vista Compatibility
- Green Tile Calibration with Color iQC and iMatch
The new PantoneLIVE/ColorCert-enabled process helped Ultimate Packaging see performance gaps they were not previously aware of.
UNIMAC needed to improve its level of quality and consistency, and reduce the overall amount of waste in time and materials caused by the need to reformulate special inks during press runs, remake plates and re-manufacture work that does not meet internal or customer expectations.
You Might Also Like
The X-Rite Ci7600 is a mid-range benchtop spectrophotometer ideal for color quality control, improving the measurement, management, communication and reporting of color.
The Ci64, X-Rite’s most precise handheld sphere spectrophotometer, is available in three models: with simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
Quality Assurance Software
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.
- From QA Master to iQC: Update Your Quality Control Tools
- How to eliminate color variations in your production
- Communicating Color Digitally
- Meet MetaVue™ VS3200: A Breakthrough Imaging Spectrophotometer
- How to Measure Unusual Objects
- Get to the Root Cause of Color Issues | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Define a Realistic Pass/Fail Tolerance| Upcoming X-Rite Webinar
- Specify measure and manage accurate color
- 3 Common Myths in Packaging Color Workflow
News and Events
In this live webinar, we will discuss how professionals across the automotive, textile, plastics, and paint & coatings industries can ensure more consistent color by defining a reasonable pass/fail tolerance.
At AATCC learn how X-Rite’s next-generation technology is supporting the textiles industry in ensuring colors you choose can be achieved consistently in the final production.
Held in Milan, Italy, Plast 2018 is an international show held for plastic industry. Come visit X-Rite’s booth and see the latest, next-generation of color measurement solutions available.
NPE 2018 is one of the world’s leading trade show and conference for the plastics industry. Don’t miss your opportunity to see some of the latest innovations being displayed from X-Rite.
Visit X-Rite to get a live demo of our newest non-contact imaging spectrophotometer, MetaVue VS3200, which brings unmatched versatility and color measurement accuracy to wet and dry paints.
Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, IN, April 10-12, 2018 Get a live demo of our new non-contact imaging spectrophotometer, MetaVue VS3200, at the American Coatings Show. Plus, learn about X-Rite’s latest color management technology.