Model #: iqc
Quality Assurance Software
Ensure Color Quality Control Across the Supply Chain
Ensuring accurate, consistent color across a global supply chain can be challenging. With Color iQC as an integral part of the color workflow, specifiers and suppliers alike can be assured that color quality is consistent in the laboratory, pre-production and production. Whether you are approving production samples or finished goods, Color iQC adapts to your workflow to make controlling color fast, easy and accurate. Color iQC is easily configurable to meet specific industry and quality control requirements.
Color iQC is available in a variety of configurations to meet most, if not all, industrial, print and packaging color quality control needs, including:
- Color iQC Professional, a high-end, job-oriented, template-drive quality control solution containing the industry’s most complete set of quality control features, streamlining color measurement, reporting and recording to maintain a centralized, cost-efficient process.
- Color iQC Management, a management and analysis configuration that has all of the functionality of Color iQC Professional but does not connect to a spectrophotometer.
- Color iQC Print, a job-oriented process control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in the print and packaging industries, incorporating the latest digital workflow technologies and standards for a complete color quality control solution.
- Color iQC Basic, an upgradeable entry-level color quality control solution ideal for color quality control and management in less complex environments.
- Color iQC Online Edition, a server-based solution that allows any number of locations to easily communicate and share color data over time. The Online configuration ensures centralized control and management yet provides easy access for all authorized users within the color network.
- Job-based solution leveraging portable jobs that contain color data and all criteria necessary for color management decisions, enabling all stakeholders to see data consistently across the color workflow.
- Define templates to establish common processes or materials, including pre-defined standards, tolerances, settings and displays to ensure operational consistency.
- Ability to define instrument calibration and measurement modes to ensure data integrity and accurate, correct measurement practices.
- Use the remote output feature to tailor and format any color data in order to seamlessly share consistent information with color partners.
- Centralized control and management of functionality and data with the ability to move from quality control to quality assurance, analyzing performance, identifying leading indicators and adjusting processes as necessary.
Color iQC is PantoneLIVE enabled. This means that users can retrieve the most up-to-date digital color standards from the cloud-based PantoneLIVE library in addition to or instead of using physical reference standards, which can be damaged, deteriorate over time, or be measured differently by operators in various locations using a variety of instruments.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Tranmission, Reflectance / Transmission, Over Light / Over Dark, SCI / SCE|
|Supported Profile Format||N/A|
|Color Differences||FMCII, CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*, Hunter DL, Da, Db, All Attributes of CIELab, CIELch or HunterLab, CMC (l:c), CIE2000 (l:c:h)|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*, Hunter Lab, CIE (XYZxy)|
|Illuminants||D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11, C, A, Horizon, TL84, Ultralume 3000|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Whiteness [ASTM E313, CIE, GANZ, Berger, Stensby, Taube, Tappi], Yellowness [ASTM E313, D1925], Opacity [Contrast Ratio, Tappi], Strength [SWL, Summed, Weighted Sum], Haze, Munsell Notation, Orange Juice, Gloss [ASTM E429, Gloss60], Grey Scale [ISO 105, Staining, Color Change], Metamerism, Color Constancy Index, APHA, Gardner Color Index, ASTM Color Index, Saybolt Color Index, AATCC TM203 Light Blocking Index, DIN55979 Blackness Index, G7 Substrate Compensation|
|Compatible Software Supporting DNG Profiles||N/A|
|Configuration Options||Basic, Professional, Management, Online Editions|
|Databases||MS Access, MS SQL Server|
|Experience Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Import/Export Format||CxF, QTX, JB5, MIF, XTF|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||No|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Scanner Target Support||N/A|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||5 GB - 100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- Taper Info doesn't show up in Color iControl
- Taper Adaptive Clustering tolerancing details
- FAQ Color iControl SQL Database User Error
- Windows7 and Vista Compatibility
- Green Tile Calibration with Color iQC and iMatch
The new PantoneLIVE/ColorCert-enabled process helped Ultimate Packaging see performance gaps they were not previously aware of.
In an Asda pilot project, Coveris Burnley took its color management processes powered by X-Rite Pantone to a new level with ColorCert, X-Rite eXact, Color iQC, InkFormulation Software and more.
UNIMAC improves its level of quality and consistency, and reduces the overall amount of waste in time and materials to meet internal and customer expectations.
You Might Also Like
For Reflectance and Transmission Measurement
The X-Rite Ci7600 is a mid-range benchtop spectrophotometer ideal for color quality control, improving the measurement, management, communication and reporting of color.
High Performance QC Spectrophotometer
The Ci64, X-Rite’s most precise handheld sphere spectrophotometer, is available in three models: with simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.