Model #: cia-p
The Ci7860 benchtop spectrophotometer creates the industry’s most accurate digital color standards to better communicate color specifications to suppliers across the entire supply chain.
The Premier Instrument with Unrivaled Accuracy
Color plays an important role in reflecting brand integrity. Whether the final product is an automobile, color-coordinated garments or a child’s toy, accurate and consistent color is critical once the product reaches the shelf or showroom. By delivering the most accurate possible digital color specification to suppliers across even the most complex supply chain, brands can reduce costly errors and rework while speeding time to market.
A typical production workflow includes many potential opportunities for color errors. Variations in the production process itself, from the composition of raw materials to the environmental conditions under which a product is produced, are one source of error. Differences in color measurement procedures are a second source. Inter-instrument agreement – the accuracy and consistency with which various color measurement devices read a color sample – can also contribute to error, particularly in workflows where the first two sources have been carefully controlled. The Ci7860 was specifically designed to minimize the contribution of inter-instrument agreement to color variation, ensuring the most accurate and consistent color control
The new Ci7860 has an inter-instrument agreement specification of 0.06 average Delta E*; this represents a 25 percent improvement over other sphere spectrophotometers. As a result, the Ci7860 enables brands to create the most precise master color standards and communicate these digitally, in place of physical samples, to supply chain partners. Suppliers can use the Ci7860 or other devices in the Ci7x00 family to verify that both samples and the final product are achieving customers’ strictest color tolerances.
- A complete audit trail and internal humidity and temperature sensor to accurately track and trace all measurements.
- Support for legacy data formats to seamlessly fit into existing operational environments.
- Calibrated UV filters to help measure and control advanced optical brighteners used in paper, textiles, plastics and paint and coatings.
- Four aperture sizes plus one optional 3.5mm for reflection and transmission measurement across opaque, transparent and translucent materials.
- Industry standards including CIE No 15, ASTM D1003, ISO 7724/1
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||56cm, 22cm, 31cm|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Illumination Spot Size||25mm, 17mm, 10mm, 6mm
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.06 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||Yes|
|Lamp Life||≥1,000,000 measurements|
|Laser Transmission Targeting||Yes|
|Light Source||Pulsed Xenon, D65 calibrated|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||19mm, 10mm, 5mm, 2.5mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Operating Temperature Range||5°C to 40°C|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||71cm, 38cm, 53cm|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||4 std / 1 optional|
|Sample Preview||Door and Video|
|Service Indicator||Status panel|
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
|Spectral Analyzer||2D CCD array holographic grating|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Spectral Range||360-780 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 50°C|
|Voltage||100 to 240 VAC / 50 to 60Hz|
|Warm Up Time||None|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, UV cal standard, Aperture plates, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable|
Featured SupportFirmware: See All Support
- Ci7860 Data Product Overview
- Meet the new version of Color iMatch Formulation Software - Version 10| X-Rite Free Webinar
- Communicating Color Digitally
- Color Evaluation Solutions in Product Manufacturing
- The Future of Color Management for Plastics & Coatings
- The Future of Color Management
- Reducing Color Rejections in a Manufacturing Workflow | X-Rite Free Webinar
- The Numbers Behind the Measurement | X-Rite Free Webinar
- How to Measure Unusual Objects
- 4 ways to achieve sustainability
- Proper Tolerancing for Consistent Color
- How to Measure Reflective and Directional Surfaces
- Is My Instrument Measuring Correctly?
- Cut Your Formulation Steps | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Tips on How to Minimize Color Matching Errors | X-Rite Upcoming Webinar
- Welcome to Color Measurement Geometry
- Define a Realistic Pass/Fail Tolerance| Upcoming X-Rite Webinar
- Tolerancing Basics | Free X-Rite Webinar
- Get to the Root Cause of Color Issues | X-Rite Free Webinar
You Might Also Like
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.
Color iMatch formula management and quality control software for plastics, paint, and textiles yields better matches in less steps with fewer corrections.
VERSION 10 SHIPPING SOON
News and Events
Better matches. Fewer corrections. Less steps. Achieve color formulation nirvana with the latest release of Color iMatch.
Take the guesswork out of tolerancing. In this webinar, you’ll learn everything you need to know about tolerancing in less than 10 minutes.