Color Theory: Understanding the Numbers of Color
Understand the numbers of color with this six-module eLearning on the basics of color and communication.Find an Event
Color by the Numbers
Your access to this course is valid for 60 days.
Accurately and consistently communicating color can be an issue, especially if there is not a common color language among participants in the color workflow. Communicating color by the numbers is the best way to ensure that everyone is speaking the same color language.
This convenient, self-paced online course is an essential first step for anyone new to working with color applications and communicating color. Participants will learn how to communicate both color and color differences. From the physics of color to lighting, spectrophotometers and color data, this module-based course teaches how to not only view color, but also delivers an in-depth understanding of color.
- Benefit from the included workbook that guides the eLearning experience and reinforces course concepts.
- Learn about the history of color and the development of systems that help describe color.
- Understand the nature of light and the role it plays in vision and color judgment.
- Find out how to choose the best instruments for your color needs.
- Recognize and overcome appearance characteristics that change the perception of color.
Color errors can cause significant issues – from excessive waste and rework to customer dissatisfaction. If your organization experiences color issues that cause negative effects on the bottom line, or would simply like to refresh your team’s color knowledge, begin with this convenient online training course.
Click here for system requirements.
This course is offered in: English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese.
Who Should Attend?
This course is ideal for anyone just starting out with color or wishing to boost their color knowledge. It addresses color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, automotive, packaging and related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
- Section 1 - The Basics
- Section 2 - Munsell
- Section 3 - The Nature of Light
- Section 4 - CIE Lab & LCH: Color Tolerancing
- Section 5 - Color Instruments
- Section 6 - Putting it Together
This final exam accounts for 40% of your total grade (each section quiz is valued at 10%; 6 sections x 10% each = 60%).
You Might Also Like
Fundamentals Seminar Series
Attend this two-day workshop including both the Fundamentals of Color and Instrumentation Seminars.
FOCA Onsite Training
This FOCA onsite teaches you how to analyze and implement a reliable color quality program.
Fundamentals of Color and Appearance - Classroom
This workshop shows you how to measure, view, and communicate color data in any industry.