Model #: 962
For Convenient Color Measurement
The X-Rite 962 is an entry-level handheld 0/45 spectrophotometer designed to address a wide range of industry-specific color formulation and quality control needs.
Accurate Color On the Go
The 962 portable handheld 0/45 spectrophotometer is a convenient color measurement instrument that allows you to obtain absolute and differential measurements in the lab, plant or field for a wide range of colorimetric systems. It is ideal for distributed workgroups whose members have varying requirements and skill levels but who must deliver color consistency across the supply chain.
The X-Rite 962 features an easy-to-read graphical LCD display and a pass/fail mode that measures against up to 1,024 standards with tolerances that can be stored for easy pass/fail measurement. Its unique Project Mode enables the collection of multiple color standards under an identified project as part of a corporate color standards program. The 962 is available in three models, distinguished by their measurement area: 962 (7mm), 962S (4mm), 962L (15mm)
- The 962 is easy to read and easy to use, regardless of the skill level of the operator. Its Pass/Fail mode is a fast way for users to evaluate color accuracy against an established standard.
- When paired with Color iQC or Color iMatch software, the 962 offers increased control over QC and color formulation activities.
- The 962 captures color data that helps identify variation in incoming materials, production batches and more, reducing the color approval cycle and speeding time to market.
- Its wide colorimetric range meets a number of CIE certifications and includes CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH, CME, CIE94, Whiteness and Yellow.
When used with X-Rite NetProfiler, a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, variance among instruments used in various parts of the color workflow is reduced.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.10 ΔE*ab on white ceramic
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.20 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||21.5mm or 9mm or 6.5mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
|Light Source||Gas-filled tungsten lamp|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||15mm or 7mm or 4mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Color Spaces||CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH,|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11 & F12|
|Observers||2° & 10°|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||19.6 cm, 8.4cm, 10.9cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||36cm, 30cm, 20cm|
|Instrument Display||Graphic LCD|
|Languages Supported||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|
- What is Meant by the Term "Observer Angle"?
- Inaccurate readings
- Resetting Spectro Connection in Color iQC / iMatch
- Whiteness Index (WI) displays XXX.X
- 900 series instrument Troubleshooter
You Might Also Like
For Quality Control and Quality Assurance
With Color iQC software, specifiers and suppliers achieve consistent color throughout the entire supply chain in a variety of industrial, print, and packaging workflows.
X-RiteColor® Master Software
Quality Assurance Software
X-RiteColor Master is the industry’s most versatile color management software, compatible with sphere, 0/45 and multi-angle spectrophotometers with contact and non-contact.
For Verification and Optimization of Spectrophotometer Performance
X-Rite's NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards that perfects and reduces variance among color measurement devices.