Model #: ma98
For Special Effect Paints
The X-Rite MA98 is a best-in-class multi-angle spectrophotometer. With 11 angles and 2 illumination sources, our product is ideal for use when a product incorporates several special paint effects.
Measure Coatings with Ease
In recent years, many new materials have been introduced into the automotive and other industries in order to reduce weight and improve durability. Each material has a different composition that may require different coating systems. Accurate color measurement instruments are necessary to achieve exact matches, especially with metallic and pearlescents. The best-in-class handheld X-Rite MA98 multi-angle spectrophotometer features 11 aspecular angles of measurement to assess color accuracy for special effect and other paints and coatings as they would be seen by the human eye from various angles. It also includes two illuminants, especially useful with multiple special effect paints or coatings are used.
The MA98 also makes it easy to accurately measure flat, flexible and curved surfaces by using three pressure sensors that quickly indicate to operators that they have positioned the instrument correctly. Using the JOBS function, the instrument’s large color LCD screen indicates where measurements should be taken with both text and visual cues, and records data for analysis using X-ColorQC software.
- Offers spectral measurements that ensures consistent color across a global sourcing supply chain, even when multiple special effect paints or coatings are used, with all resulting components matching at the point of assembly.
- Used to measure incoming materials, the MA98 will identify issues early in the process in order to reduce potential downtime or rework during subsequent manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Easy to use and understand, the MA98 streamlines the color measurement process during production in order to minimize downtime without sacrificing quality. The average measurement is achieved in 2 seconds.
- Includes a JOBS function that allows for more consistent color measurements from shift to shift, minimizes the learning curve and reduces the probability of human error.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||► 0.03 avg. ∆E* white ceramic|
|Measurement Geometry||10 angles of measurement and 2 illumination angles|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.18 ∆E* avg. on BCRA|
|Illumination Spot Size||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Lamp Life||750,000 measurements|
|Light Source||15° and 45° tungsten halogen|
|Measurement Cycle Time||2 sec|
|Measurement Spot||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Measurement Time||Approx. 2 seconds|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm|
|Color Differences||L*a*b*, L*C*h°, ΔE*; ΔECMC; ΔE DIN6175, ΔE2000|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, F2, F7, F11 & F1|
|Humidity||85% Relative Humidity max (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||50F to 104F (10C to 40C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4F to 122F (-20C to 50C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||3.4 x 4.5x 10.6 inches (8,7cm x 11,4cm x 26,9cm)|
|Weight||2.5 lbs 1.13 kgs|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0 Bluetooth wireless (in compliant countries only)|
|Voltage||7.4vDC @ 2400mAh|
|Industry Standards||ASTM D 2244, E 308, E 1164, E 2194; DIN 5033, 6174, 6175-2; ISO 7724; SAE J1545.|
See All Support
You Might Also Like
Quality Assurance Software
With X-Color QC, track and control color data for a variety of materials in automotive and other industries, with complete and real-time connectivity and controlled user access.
- L10-167 Rigs and Jigs
- Paint and Coatings Brochure
- Understanding xDNA Terms
- Introduction to xDNA
- xDNA Background & Bibliography
- X-Color QC Software Brochure
- xDNA Overview Brochure
- MA98 Product Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions about xDNA and the MA98
- MA9x Family of Multi-Angle Spectrophotometers
- MIPA SE Raises Quality-Bar in Auto Refinishing