Model #: ma68ii
Out of Production
The X-Rite MA68II multi-angle spectrophotometer uses 5 angles to accurately measure special effect paints and coatings, with pressure sensors to ensure the instrument is placed correctly.
Affordable Multi-Angle Color Measurement
Metallics, pearlescents, and other complex special effect finishes deliver limitless possibilities for enhancing product appeal. And limitless challenges as well. Duplicating these complex colors from part to part is no easy task, especially in a distributed global supply chain. The affordable X-Rite MA68II multi-angle spectrophotometer features five aspecular angles of measurement (15⁰, 25⁰, 45⁰, 75⁰, 110⁰) to assess color accuracy for special effect and other paints and coatings as they would be seen by the human eye from various angles.
The MA68II uses Dynamic Rotation Sampling, an exclusive optical technology that provides for simultaneous measurement of all five aspectular angles. For ease of use and convenience, the MA68II can be used remotely, storing measurement data for later retrieval and printing to aid in maintaining color standards across the color workflow.
- Offers spectral measurements that ensures consistent color across a global sourcing supply chain, with all resulting components matching at the point of assembly.
- Used to measure incoming materials, the MA68II will identify issues early in the process in order to reduce potential downtime or rework during subsequent manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Easy to use and understand, the MA68II streamlines the color measurement process during production in order to minimize downtime without sacrificing quality. The average measurement is achieved in 2 seconds.
- Dynamic Rotation Sampling contributes to fast measurement cycles by measuring all angles simultaneously.
The MA68II spectrophotometer has a rugged, compact design. It produces color values that comply with the following colorimetric systems: L*a*b*, ∆L*∆a*∆b*, L*C*h˚, ∆L*∆C*∆H*, Flop Index, ∆Flop Index, ∆E*L*a*b*, ∆ECMC.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.10 ∆E* white ceramic|
|Measurement Geometry||•5 Aspecular measurement angles|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.18 ∆E* avg. on BCRA|
|Illumination Spot Size||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Lamp Life||750,000 measurements|
|Light Source||45° tungsten halogen|
|Measurement Cycle Time||2 sec|
|Measurement Spot||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Measurement Time||Approx. 2 seconds|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm|
|Spectral Range||400-600 nm|
|Color Differences||L*a*b*, L*C*h°, ΔE*; ΔECMC; ΔE DIN6175, ΔE2000|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, F2, F7, F11 & F1|
|Humidity||85% Relative Humidity max (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||50F to 104F (10C to 40C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4F to 122F (-20C to 50C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||3.4 x 4.5x 10.6 inches (8,7cm x 11,4cm x 26,9cm)|
|Weight||2.5 lbs 1.13 kgs|
|Instrument Display||Text based b/w|
|Industry Standards||ASTM D 2244, E 308, E 1164, E 2194; DIN 5033, 6174, 6175-2; ISO 7724; SAE J1545.|
Featured SupportSupport Articles:
- MA68II - Cleaning
- Definition of Flop Index
- X-RiteColor Master Will not Save Measurements
- "Invalid Reading" error message
- Cleaning your MA98
You Might Also Like
For Effect Finishes
The MA-T12’s twelve angles of measurement and color imaging enable the most complete characterization of today’s extreme effect materials.
Quality Assurance Software
With X-Color QC, track and control color data for a variety of materials in automotive and other industries, with complete and real-time connectivity and controlled user access.