Model #: TP5A-QCCADS
For Quality Control of Effect Finishes
Actionable Color Measurement Tool for Effect Finishes
The MA-5 QC is a compact and easy-to-use multi-angle spectrophotometer with five standard measurement angles to accurately evaluate and control metallic colors and special effect finishes. Featuring strategically placed optics at the tip, it is 60% faster, 50% lighter, and 40% more compact than any other five-angle device on the market. It allows operators to easily position MA-5 QC with one hand and capture more measurements per hour.
The cost-effective MA-5 QC provides actionable data to drive process improvement and ensures color harmony across the supply chain. Since it is compatible with existing X-Rite multi-angle solutions, it fits seamlessly into your color quality control process with little or no downtime. MA-5 QC also optimizes legacy data for measurement compatibility with the MA68II and MA94.
Why Choose MA-5 QC:
- Minimizes operator fatigue as it is 50% lighter and more compact than any other five-angle device on the market and enables easy one-handed operation.
- Illuminates LED indicator lights to ensure proper alignment on samples that are odd-shaped and flexible.
- Captures fast measurements in approximately 2.5 seconds and collects multiple data points when programmed for automated jobs.
- Provides green and red pass / fail tolerance lights for fail proof-analysis, which are supported by all major indices including DIN6175-2.
- Includes a docking station to conveniently connect with a PC and automatically charge the device.
|3rd Party Software Supported||MA 94 emulation mode|
|Battery||Lithium Ion Battery|
|Battery Life||>=2,000 5-angle measurements (continuous measurements at 10s intervals)|
|Calibration Interval||21 days|
|Color Differences||dE*, dE2000; dE cmc, dE DIN 6175, dE Audi 2000|
|Communication Interface||TFT color display|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||L: 180 mm, W: 70 mm, H: 95 mm|
|Humidity||80% relative humidity|
|Illuminants||D65, A, C, D50, F2, F7, F11, F12, D65|
|Illumination Spot Size||Pick-up field size: diam. ≈12 mm|
|Instrument Display||TFT color display with resistive touch, 2.8-inch diagonal, QVGA (240 x 320)|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||Avg. 0.18 ΔE* on BCRA Tile Set|
|Lamp Life||10 years|
|Languages Supported||E,F, I, Esp, D, P, Ch, J, Kor|
|Measurement Geometry||r45as15, r45as25, r45as45, r45as75, r45as110|
|Measurement Time||2.5 seconds|
|Measurement Working Distance||contact on surface|
|Operating Temperature Range||10°C-35°C|
|Photometric Range||400 nm -700 nm|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm|
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.02 de*|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C - 50°C|
|What's Included?||• Calibration reference, white tile for spectral
• USB cable
• USB charger with EU, US, UK and China exchangeable plugs
• Documentation: Quickstart Guide in ring bound booklet format (as MA-T6/12)
• Easy-access, charging docking station
• USB Stick with Nucleos EXF QC, using alternative licensing system dongle less and with dongle.
• Spare light seal
• Screen protector: one mounted, two spare
• Wrist strap fitting into docking station
• Cleaning cloth
|Windows||Windows 7 and higher|
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Assembly Line – Application Brief
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Automotive Paint – Application Brief
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Automotive Parts – Application Brief
- MA-5 QC for Consumer Electronics - Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Automotive – Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Cosmetics – Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Paint and Coatings – Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Plastics – Sell Sheet
- Quality Control Spectrophotometer Can Control Effect Finishes | X-Rite New Product MA-5 QC
- Master Metallics with a Multi-Angle Spectrophotometer | X-Rite Webinar
- Spectral Data 101: How to Communicate Color Data | X-Rite Webinar
- Color Tolerancing 101: Understand Color Tolerances Like an Expert | X-Rite Webinars
News and Events
In this free 10-minute webinar, you will learn why a multi-angle is the ideal spectrophotometer to measure special effect surfaces, like metallic and pearlescent.
Register for this webinar to understand spectrophotometers like an expert: how to get spectral data, types of spectrophotometer geometries, and which spectro is right for you.
Stop by stand 409 at Surfex for a live demonstration of our color matching solutions designed for paints and coatings professionals.
Mark your calendar for Eurocoat, the largest coatings event in Europe in 2020, and stop by booth C01 for a live demonstration.
Whether you formulate, apply, or control the color quality of coatings, X-Rite’s end-to-end solutions can help you move ahead of the competition with faster, more accurate color.
Join us at PaintExpo for a demo of our color matching solutions designed to ensure that the color found in decorative paints and protective end-use coatings are right the first time.
You Might Also Like
EFX QC Software
For Quality Control of Effect Finishes
Set and digitally communicate tolerances and measurement procedures for effect finishes and enable real-time monitoring of color harmony across the supply chain with EFX QC software.