Model #: TP5A-QCCADS
For QC of Effect Finishes
Actionable Color Measurement Tool for Effect Finishes
The MA-5 QC is a compact and easy-to-use multi-angle spectrophotometer with five standard measurement angles to accurately evaluate and control metallic colors and special effect finishes. Featuring strategically placed optics at the tip, it is 60% faster, 50% lighter, and 40% more compact than any other five-angle device on the market. It allows operators to easily position MA-5 QC with one hand and capture more measurements per hour.
The cost-effective MA-5 QC provides actionable data to drive process improvement and ensures color harmony across the supply chain. Since it is compatible with existing X-Rite multi-angle solutions, it fits seamlessly into your color quality control process with little or no downtime. MA-5 QC also optimizes legacy data for measurement compatibility with the MA68II and MA94.
Why Choose MA-5 QC:
- Minimizes operator fatigue as it is 50% lighter and more compact than any other five-angle device on the market and enables easy one-handed operation.
- Illuminates LED indicator lights to ensure proper alignment on samples that are odd-shaped and flexible.
- Captures fast measurements in approximately 2.5 seconds and collects multiple data points when programmed for automated jobs.
- Provides green and red pass / fail tolerance lights for fail proof-analysis, which are supported by all major indices including DIN6175-2.
- Includes a docking station to conveniently connect with a PC and automatically charge the device.
|3rd Party Software Supported||MA 94 emulation mode|
|Battery||Lithium Ion Battery|
|Battery Life||>=2,000 5-angle measurements (continuous measurements at 10s intervals)|
|Calibration Interval||21 days|
|Color Differences||dE*, dE2000; dE cmc, dE DIN 6175, dE Audi 2000|
|Communication Interface||TFT color display|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||L: 180 mm, W: 70 mm, H: 95 mm|
|Humidity||80% relative humidity|
|Illuminants||D65, A, C, D50, F2, F7, F11, F12, D65|
|Illumination Spot Size||Pick-up field size: diam. ≈12 mm|
|Instrument Display||TFT color display with resistive touch, 2.8-inch diagonal, QVGA (240 x 320)|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||Avg. 0.18 ΔE* on BCRA Tile Set|
|Lamp Life||10 years|
|Languages Supported||E,F, I, Esp, D, P, Ch, J, Kor|
|Measurement Geometry||r45as15, r45as25, r45as45, r45as75, r45as110|
|Measurement Time||2.5 seconds|
|Measurement Working Distance||contact on surface|
|Operating Temperature Range||10°C-35°C|
|Photometric Range||400 nm -700 nm|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm|
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.02 de*|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C - 50°C|
|What's Included?||• Calibration reference, white tile for spectral
• USB cable
• USB charger with EU, US, UK and China exchangeable plugs
• Documentation: Quickstart Guide in ring bound booklet format (as MA-T6/12)
• Easy-access, charging docking station
• USB Stick with Nucleos EXF QC, using alternative licensing system dongle less and with dongle.
• Spare light seal
• Screen protector: one mounted, two spare
• Wrist strap fitting into docking station
• Cleaning cloth
|Windows||Windows 7 and higher|
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Assembly Line – Application Brief
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Automotive Paint – Application Brief
- Evaluate Effect Finishes on Automotive Parts – Application Brief
- MA-5 QC for Consumer Electronics - Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Automotive – Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Paint and Coatings – Sell Sheet
- MA-5 QC for Plastics – Sell Sheet
You Might Also Like
EFX QC Software
For Effect Measurement
Set and digitally communicate tolerances and measurement procedures for effect finishes and enable real-time monitoring of color harmony across the supply chain with EFX QC software.