Model #: 964
The X-Rite 964 is a handheld 0/45 spectrophotometer designed to address a wide range of industry-specific color formulation and quality control needs.
Consistent color quality in the lab, plant or field
The X-Rite 964 is an intermediate level 0/45 handheld spectrophotometer that allows you to obtain absolute and differential measurements in the lab, plant or field for a wide range of colorimetric systems. It is ideal for distributed workgroups whose members have varying requirements and skill levels but who must deliver color consistency across the supply chain.
The 964 includes JOBS feature that displays a programmed sequence of specific steps to guide an operator through a color measurement process, ensuring consistency regardless of operator skill level. It features an easy-to-read graphical LCD display and a pass/fail mode that measures against up to 1,024 standards with tolerances that can be stored for easy pass/fail measurement. Its unique Project Mode enables the collection of multiple color standards under an identified project as part of a corporate color standards program.
- The 964 is easy to read and easy to use, regardless of the skill level of the operator. Its Pass/Fail mode is a fast way for users to evaluate color accuracy against an established standard.
- When paired with Color iQC or Color iMatch software, the 964 offers increased control over QC and color formulation activities.
- The 964 captures color data that helps identify variation in incoming materials, production batches and more, reducing the color approval cycle and speeding time to market.
- Its wide colorimetric range meets a number of CIE certifications and includes CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH, CME, CIE94, Whiteness and Yellow.
- Interchangeable apertures are available to accommodate measurement of a range of samples, and its rechargeable battery allows for remote use.
When used with X-Rite NetProfiler, a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, variance among instruments used in various parts of the color workflow is reduced.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||
0.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.15 ΔE*ab avg. (7mm/15mm)
0.20 ΔE*ab avg. (4mm)
|Illumination Spot Size||21.5mm or 9mm and 6.5mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
|Light Source||Gas-filled tungsten lamp|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||15mm or 7mm and 4mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Color Spaces||CIE XYZ, CIE Yxy, CIE LAB, Hunter LAB, CIE LCH,|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11 & F12|
|Observers||2° & 10°|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||1 or dual|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||19.6 cm, 8.4cm, 10.9cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||36cm, 30cm, 20cm|
|Instrument Display||Graphic LCD|
|Languages Supported||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
(within 8 hours)
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Calibration||White and Zero|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|
- What is Meant by the Term "Observer Angle"?
- Inaccurate readings
- Resetting Spectro Connection in Color iQC / iMatch
- Resetting Your 939, 962, or 964 Instrument
- 900 series instrument Troubleshooter
You Might Also Like
For Quality Control and Quality Assurance
Color iQC software is an integral part of the quality control processes and meets evolving color measurement requirements in all industrial market segments.
X-RiteColor® Master Software
Quality Assurance Software
X-RiteColor Master is the industry’s most versatile color management software, compatible with sphere, 0/45 and multi-angle spectrophotometers with contact and non-contact.
For Verification and Optimization of Spectrophotometer Performance
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.