Model #: vs3100
MetaVue™, a breakthrough non-contact imaging spectrophotometer for retail paint matching, introduces a new level of accuracy to a wider variety of customer samples.
Superior Performance, Extreme Versatility
Retail paint customers bring a wide array of samples to the paint counter for matching – everything from paint chips and fabric to siding or even wood trim. This variety presents a significant challenge to the paint counter associates charged with providing a precise match. The limitations of current matching instruments result in mismatched paints and waste, and ultimately, customer dissatisfaction.
MetaVue, an easy-to-use non-contact imaging spectrophotometer from X-Rite, offers superior measurement performance across the broadest array of samples, resulting in consistent and precise paint formulation. Using MetaVue, paint counter associates can now easily handle every customer sample with confidence.
- Provides precise color matches with an advanced smart spot image feature that matches color, taking into consideration the impact of texture and other appearance effects that typically skew measurements of materials like carpet, vinyl, or fabric
- Ensures accuracy of a variety of measurements on both small and odd-shaped through the use of an on-screen digital targeting function that helps the operator confirm that MetaVue is measuring the exact spot desired
- Delivers the ultimate in versatility with an adjustable aperture size, ranging from 2mm to 12mm, and the ability to measure exact dominant colors from multi-colored samples
- Features an easy-to-use interface with a live video preview of the actual sample and a measurement button on the instrument, reducing mistakes and waste amongst all paint associates, regardless of their level of experience
- Integrates with X-Rite ColorDesigner PLUS for fast formulation of accurate paint recipes and storage of custom paint recipes for repeat customers
|Aperture||2 to 12 mm|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75" W x 7.1" H x 7.25" D|
|Humidity||0 to 85% (non-condensing)|
|Illumination Spot Size||14 mm|
|Image Contact During Measurements||Non-Contact|
|Instrument Display||No display|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.30 avg CIELAB|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED|
|Measurement Cycle Time||< 8 seconds|
|Measurement Geometry||45/0 imaging spectrophotometer|
|Measurement Spot||2mm to 12 mm|
|Measurement Working Distance||50 mm|
|Operating Temperature Range||10°C to 40°C|
|Photometric Range||0 to 150% reflectance|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm intervals|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||2 to 12 mm|
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.04 CIELAB|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Spectral Analyzer||DRS filter wheel|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Status Panel||Tri-Color LED|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C to 70°C|
|Voltage||Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC|
Featured SupportFirmware: See All Support
You Might Also Like
ColorDesigner PLUS color matching software is customer- and retailer-friendly, producing expert results in a flexible, adaptable workflow that can be configured for individual needs.
The W Series product bundles from X-Rite present 5 different combinations of software and color measurement instruments to meet the needs of retail paint operations of all sizes.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.04 CIELAB||.10 ΔE*ab on white ceramic||0.10 max DEab|
|Measurement Geometry||45/0 imaging spectrophotometer||d/8°||45/0|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.30 avg CIELAB||0.30 ΔE*ab avg.||0.30 DEab avg on BCRA tiles|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED||Gas-filled tungsten lamp||Gas-filled tungsten|
|Measurement Spot||2mm to 12 mm||8mm||8mm|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm||400nm-700nm||400-700 nm @ 20 nm|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75" W x 7.1" H x 7.25" D||26.4cm, 19.0cm, 22.0cm||7.5" L x 3.2" W x 3.3" H|
News and Events
The Lancaster Buying show is the event to learn about our breakthrough non-contact imaging spectrophotometer, MetaVue. It offers superior measurement performance across the broadest array of samples.
Visit X-Rite at United Hardware to get a live demo of our newest paint matching instrument, MetaVue, a non-contact imaging spectrophotometer, and take advantage of exclusive show specials.
Visit X-Rite at True Value to see a live demo of our newest retail paint matching instrument, MetaVue, providing you with the ability to measure texture and multi-colored samples.
At the Orgill Dealer Market say goodbye to paint matching limitations, and introduce yourself to MetaVue, a non-contact imaging spectrophotometer.