Model #: icp2
iCPlate2 is a small, lightweight and easy-to-use unit that delivers a high level of plate reading accuracy for standard plate reading applications.
Achieve Plate Accuracy
When plates aren’t right, the result is lost time, excessive makeready costs and press downtime waiting for new plates. Can you afford not to have a plate measurement device? iCPlate2 is a small, lightweight easy-to-use unit with a simple, visual targeting system for precise positioning. Switch modes easily and use iCPlate2 for multiple functions like controlling your plate or calibrating your imager, making it easy to track plate accuracy and consistency with just one device.
For standard plate reading applications, iCPlate2 offers a superior object recognition algorithm, coupled with an outstanding camera optics illumination system. The high resolution camera measures a wide variety of plate types, both positive and negative, no matter whether you are using AM, FM or hybrid screen types.
- Easily import measurement values and plate images directly into an active Windows application such as Microsoft Excel using the included Capture Tool Software.
- Ensure compliance with the FOGRA Measuring Bar (FMB), aligning plate measurements to the official reference standard from the FOGRA Institute using FMB mode.
- In iCPlate2 mode, it is compatible with all previous iCPlate versions and uses X-Rite's custom plate measurement algorithm allowing for accurate measurement of the dots
- LED illumination of the image on the plate while it is being read means you can get more than 30,000 measurements from a single set of AA batteries.
iCPlate2 comes in two configurations tailored for maximum productivity. iCPlate2 X is designed for those who troubleshoot occasionally and use it to assist in diagnosing problems. It provides dot area measurements only. iCPlate2 XT is best for customers who regularly troubleshoot plates. It reads dot area, screen ruling, dot size and screen angle. If you choose iCPlate2 X, be assured that you can upgrade to an XT anytime with an activation code purchased separately.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||± 0.5% (typ.)|
|Light Source||iCPlate2 X: 1 LED (R)
iCPlate2 XT: 3 LED (RGB)
|Measurement Time||3 sec (typ.)|
|Screen Ruling Range (AM)||26 – 147, 65 – 380 lpi|
|Aperture||ca. 1.3mm x 1mm|
|Humidity||10% to 80% non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||10°C to 40°C
50°F to 104°F
|Storage Temperature Range||-20°C to 70°C
- 4°F to 158°F
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||4.8 cm x 7.3 cm x 14.5 cm
1.9" x 2.9" x 5.7"
|Communication Interface||RS-232 serial interface|
|Instrument Display||160 x 80 Pixels, 4 gray scales|
|Software Modes||iCPlate2 X, iCPlate2 XT|
|Battery||2 Batteries 1.5 V (Size AA)|
|Battery Life||30,000 (typ.)|
|Warm Up Time||None|
iCPlate2 Target, quick start guide, data cable, device certificate
- iCPlate2 X and iCPlate2 XT Troubleshooter
- Calibration of the iCPlate2
- How do I Check the Accuracy of My iCPlate2
- Resetting The iCPlate2
- Measurement Related Questions
You Might Also Like
Customized Onsite Training
X-Rite will design and implement a program at your location that meets your specific business objectives.
Color Theory: Understanding the Numbers of Color
Understand the numbers of color with this six-module eLearning on the basics of color and communication.
Live virtual training customized by a personal color trainer conducted via phone/web.