Model #: if
For Formulating Inks
InkFormulation Software is a fast, accurate, consistent ink formulation, formula creation, storage, approval and retrieval solution for offset, flexo, gravure and screen-printing inks.
Fast, Accurate, Consistent Ink Formulation
Color quality and consistency are table stakes for printers and packaging converters in today’s highly competitive marketplace. And most companies have put in place operating procedures designed to deliver just that. But what about the ink room? If there are problems with the ink – incoming materials are faulty or accurate formulations are not achieved – the rest of the downstream process suffers. Too often, this aspect of quality control is overlooked, and/or ink formulation processes are complex and time-consuming, requiring special colorist talent and a lot of luck.X-Rite InkFormulation Software addresses these issues for ink manufacturers, printers and packaging converters alike. InkFormulation Software is part of an end-to-end color workflow that gives ink suppliers, printers and packaging converters flexibility and control over recipes and assortments, improves basic material handling, simplifies definition of the right ink film thickness and helps reduce hazardous waste. It also makes it easier to use leftover inks and press returns, reducing overall ink inventories. InkFormulation is available in four configurations including an online version, Basic and Professional for printers, and a version for Ink Manufacturers.
- Formulate inks for accurate color taking the substrate color into account, right the first time, right every time.
- Save significant time in reformulation of existing inks by using existing assortments and recipes.
- More accurately quote ink costs on jobs with InkFormulation’s MIS/ERP integration, and benefit from better tracking of actual ink usage.
- Improve overall quality and efficiency by linking InkFormulation Software with quality control/statistical process control solutions such as Color iQC and ColorCert.
- Use spectral data from leftover inks to create a recipe of a new target color, using waste inks and new inks to achieve the desired color.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Transmission, SCI / SCE|
|Color Differences||CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*|
|Illuminants||A, D50, D65, F11|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Opacity, Metamerism|
|Configuration Options||PrinterBasic, PrinterPro, Manufacturer, Online|
|Experience Level||Beginner to advanced|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64, ER50|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||Yes|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Scanner Target Support||N / A|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions, License Dongle|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- Enabling PantoneLIVE in IFS (Ink Formulation)
- What do I get with the license file & activation codes?
- IFS serial number info location
You Might Also Like
Spectro for use on Paper & Paperboard
Specifically designed for printers and packaging converters, the eXact Standard is the market leading spectrophotometer to validate the color of CMYK and spot color inks. It leverages job-based tools with industry color standards to increase press process control and connects with PantoneLIVE and NetProfiler to maximize color accuracy within the workflow.
For Quality Control in Print & Packaging
ColorCert Desktop Tools is a modular solution enabling accurate creation of color specifications and process control at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
- Economy and Sustainability of Inks | X-Rite On-Demand Webinar
- Are your ink room efficiencies helping you win? | X-Rite Color Free Webinar
- Colorful Cup of Tea with X-Rite and Phoenix: Be Prepared to Print for Big Brands with ColorCert
- Practical Tips for Successful Digital Color Communication
- Set, Score, Evaluate – Color Results Simplified
- Tips to Deliver High Quality Prints through Formulation and Quality Control
- Colorful Cup of Tea with X-Rite and Phoenix: Prepare Ink Correctly with InkFormulation Software
- Pantone Certification: First Unique Spot Colors Standardization Program
- Short & Sweet eXact Series Webinar #3: eXact Manager Tools | X-Rite Webinar
- Short & Sweet eXact Series Webinar #4: Differences Between eXact Devices | X-Rite Webinar
- How To Produce Consistent Color Webinar | X-Rite