Model #: if
InkFormulation Software is a fast, accurate, consistent ink formulation, formula creation, storage, approval and retrieval solution for offset, flexo, gravure and screen-printing inks.
Fast, Accurate, Consistent Ink Formulation
Color quality and consistency are table stakes for printers and packaging converters in today’s highly competitive marketplace. And most companies have put in place operating procedures designed to deliver just that. But what about the ink room? If there are problems with the ink – incoming materials are faulty or accurate formulations are not achieved – the rest of the downstream process suffers. Too often, this aspect of quality control is overlooked, and/or ink formulation processes are complex and time-consuming, requiring special colorist talent and a lot of luck.X-Rite InkFormulation Software addresses these issues for ink manufacturers, printers and packaging converters alike. InkFormulation Software is part of an end-to-end color workflow that gives ink suppliers, printers and packaging converters flexibility and control over recipes and assortments, improves basic material handling, simplifies definition of the right ink film thickness and helps reduce hazardous waste. It also makes it easier to use leftover inks and press returns, reducing overall ink inventories. InkFormulation is available in four configurations including an online version, Basic and Professional for printers, and a version for Ink Manufacturers.
- Formulate inks for accurate color taking the substrate color into account, right the first time, right every time.
- Save significant time in reformulation of existing inks by using existing assortments and recipes.
- More accurately quote ink costs on jobs with InkFormulation’s MIS/ERP integration, and benefit from better tracking of actual ink usage.
- Improve overall quality and efficiency by linking InkFormulation Software with quality control/statistical process control solutions such as Color iQC and ColorCert.
- Use spectral data from leftover inks to create a recipe of a new target color, using waste inks and new inks to achieve the desired color.
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, Transmission, SCI / SCE|
|Color Differences||CIE DL*, Da*, Db*, CIE DL*, DC*, DH*|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*|
|Illuminants||A, D50, D65, F11|
|Observers||2 degree,10 degree|
|Standard Indices||Opacity, Metamerism|
|Configuration Options||PrinterBasic, PrinterPro, Manufacturer, Online|
|Experience Level||Beginner to advanced|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, CI4200, CI52, CI62, CI64, 962, 964, Color i5, Color i7, CE-7000A, CI7600, CI7800, SP62, SP64, ER50|
|Industry Standards||See Standard Indices|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units||Yes|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Scanner Target Support||N / A|
|What's Included?||Installation CD with Instructions, License Dongle|
|Windows||Win 7, Win 10|
|Available Disk Space||100 GB|
|Display Resolution||1280 x 1024|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for PantoneLIVE|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||1|
|Processor||Core 2 Duo, 2 G|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
- InkFormulation v6.40
- InkFormulation v6.32
- SpectroServer v3.5.0
- InkFormulation ColorQuality RDP Client v1.5.0
- InkFormulation ColorQuality Citrix Client v1.5.0
- Enabling PantoneLIVE in IFS (Ink Formulation)
- What do I get with the license file & activation codes?
- IFS serial number info location
- Ink Formulation & ColorQuality Software - XRGA Information
- Adding Modules (functionality) to InkFormulation 6 Software
You Might Also Like
The eXact Standard spectrophotometer is specifically designed for printers and packaging converters to help ensure color validation of CMYK and spot-color ink and also leverages industry color standards for increased press process control.
Starting at $6,075
ColorCert Desktop Tools
Quality Assurance Software
ColorCert Desktop Tools are modular solutions enabling accurate creation of color specifications and process control at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
- Economy and Sustainability of Inks | X-Rite On-Demand Webinar
- Practical Tips for Successful Digital Color Communication
- Are your ink room efficiencies helping you win? | X-Rite Color Free Webinar
- Set, Score, Evaluate – Color Results Simplified
- Tips to Deliver High Quality Prints through Formulation and Quality Control
- Reduce Make Ready Time - Automate your Ink Keys and Maximize Productivity
- 2018 Trends in Grand and Wide Format Printing | X-Rite Webinar
- Pantone Certification: First Unique Spot Colors Standardization Program
- Conquer Consistency