Model #: cia-8
For the Most Precise Measurement
From inspiration through formulation, production and quality control, the Ci7800 benchtop sphere spectrophotometer is one of the most advanced instruments in the market.
Process Control for Perfect Color
From inspiration through formulation, production and quality control, the Ci7800 benchtop sphere spectrophotometer is one of the most advanced instruments in the market, ideal for ensuring color consistency for even the most complex products. When combined with NetProfiler and Color iMatch or Color iQC software, the Ci7800 delivers a complete color measurement and management solution that is stable, delivers true consistency and is easier to service than any other benchtop sphere spectrophotometer in the market today. In addition, by using Pantone digital color references from the Pantone Digital Industrial Libraries with X-Rite Color iQC quality control software, operators can confidently begin production without waiting for physical standards to arrive.
The Ci7800 is designed with standards compliance in mind, including ASTM E3098 and CIE guidelines. Its internal temperature and humidity sensors record conditions each time a sample is measured for complete track and trace. Optional UV balancing is available for advanced fluorescent and optical brightener control in paper, textiles, plastics and paint & coatings. Count on the Ci7800 for an exceptional ability to repeat identical measurements with a delta E of 0.01, the best performance on the market. It has an inter-instrument agreement of SCI 0.08, ensuring consistent measurements across the supply chain.
- Fits seamlessly into operational and data environments including the ability to conform to legacy data formats.
- Automated, software-driven set-up delivers consistent configuration across all locations. Its easy-to-read LED screen ensures operator ease of use.
- Includes four transmission apertures, five reflectance apertures and three optional automated UV filters. The measurement lens zooms automatically when the aperture is changed.
- Complete audit trail and internal humidity and temperature sensors ensure accurate track and trace for all measurement; the best inter-instrument agreement and repeatability in its class.
- Compliant with industry standards, including CIE No. 15, ASTM D1003, ASTM E1164, DIN 5033 Teil 7, JIS Z 8722, ISO7724/1/2/3.
Automated instrument setup takes the guesswork out of instrument configuration and eliminates potential for error. The Ci7800 performs fast, simultaneous SPIN/SPEX measurements to determine sample gloss levels. And its unprecedented audit trail includes device condition, sample image, and measurement parameters for each sample at the time of measurement. Its multiple aperture design accommodates measurement of complicated samples, and it is capable of performing both reflectance and transmission measurements.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.08 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||
25mm, 17mm, 10mm, 6mm
|Lamp Life||≥1,000,000 measurements|
|Light Source||Pulsed Xenon, D65 calibrated|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||19mm, 10mm, 5mm, 2.5mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
2D CCD array
|Spectral Interval||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Spectral Reporting||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||4 std / 1 optional|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||5°C to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 50°C|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||56cm, 22cm, 31cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||71cm, 38cm, 53cm|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
|Voltage||100 to 240 VAC / 50 to 60Hz|
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||Yes|
|Laser Transmission Targeting||Yes|
|Sample Preview||Door and Video|
|Service Indicator||Status panel|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, UV cal standard, Aperture plates, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable|
- Ci7x00 FirmwareLoader r1.0.1902
- Ci7x00 FirmwareLoader r1.0.1844
- Ci7x00 FirmwareLoader r1.0.1821
- Ci7x00 Firmware Loader r1.0.1702
See All Support
You Might Also Like
For Quality Control and Quality Assurance
Color iQC software is an integral part of the quality control processes and meets evolving color measurement requirements in all industrial market segments.
For Formulating Plastics, Coatings and Textiles
Color iMatch formula management and quality control software for plastics, paint, and textiles yields better matches in fewer steps and with fewer corrections.
VERSION 10 AVAILABLE NOW
For Verification and Optimization of Spectrophotometer Performance
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic||.03 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic|
|Short Term Repeatability - Black|
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2.5 seconds||≈ 2.5 seconds||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm||10 nm (default); 20nm||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Spectral Range||360nm-780nm||360nm-750nm||360-780 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm||10 nm (default); 20nm||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||4 std / 1 optional||3 std / 2 optional||4 std / 1 optional|
- Ci7800 Brochure
- Communicating Color Digitally
- Introducing Color iMatch Assortment Editor | X-Rite Webinar
- How To Reduce Formulation Steps In Your Color Workflow | X-Rite On-Demand Webinar
- The Future of Color Management for Plastics & Coatings
- Spectral Data 101: How to Communicate Color Data | X-Rite Webinar
- Color Tolerancing 101: Understand Color Tolerances Like an Expert | X-Rite Webinars
- Ultimate Textile Case Study
News and Events
Register for this webinar sponsored by Quality Magazine to master color tolerancing, including how to ensure color consistency within a production run, how to minimize lot-to-lot variability, how to select the right tolerancing method, and tips to set an achievable tolerance.