Model #: cia-8
Ci7800 Benchtop Spectrophotometer
From inspiration through formulation, production and quality control, the Ci7800 benchtop sphere spectrophotometer is one of the most advanced instruments in the market.
Process Control for Perfect Color
From inspiration through formulation, production and quality control, the Ci7800 benchtop sphere spectrophotometer is one of the most advanced instruments in the market, ideal for ensuring color consistency for even the most complex products. When combined with NetProfiler and Color iMatch or Color iQC software, the Ci7800 delivers a complete color measurement and management solution that is stable, delivers true consistency and is easier to service than any other benchtop sphere spectrophotometer in the market today. In addition, by using Pantone digital color references from the Pantone Digital Industrial Libraries with X-Rite Color iQC quality control software, operators can confidently begin production without waiting for physical standards to arrive.
The Ci7800 is designed with standards compliance in mind, including ASTM E3098 and CIE guidelines. Its internal temperature and humidity sensors record conditions each time a sample is measured for complete track and trace. Optional UV balancing is available for advanced fluorescent and optical brightener control in paper, textiles, plastics and paint & coatings. Count on the Ci7800 for an exceptional ability to repeat identical measurements with a delta E of 0.01, the best performance on the market. It has an inter-instrument agreement of SCI 0.08, ensuring consistent measurements across the supply chain.
- Fits seamlessly into operational and data environments including the ability to conform to legacy data formats.
- Automated, software-driven set-up delivers consistent configuration across all locations. Its easy-to-read LED screen ensures operator ease of use.
- Includes four transmission apertures, five reflectance apertures and three optional automated UV filters. The measurement lens zooms automatically when the aperture is changed.
- Complete audit trail and internal humidity and temperature sensors ensure accurate track and trace for all measurement; the best inter-instrument agreement and repeatability in its class.
- Compliant with industry standards, including CIE No. 15, ASTM D1003, ASTM E1164, DIN 5033 Teil 7, JIS Z 8722, ISO7724/1/2/3.
Automated instrument setup takes the guesswork out of instrument configuration and eliminates potential for error. The Ci7800 performs fast, simultaneous SPIN/SPEX measurements to determine sample gloss levels. And its unprecedented audit trail includes device condition, sample image, and measurement parameters for each sample at the time of measurement. Its multiple aperture design accommodates measurement of complicated samples, and it is capable of performing both reflectance and transmission measurements.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.08 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||
25mm, 17mm, 10mm, 6mm
|Lamp Life||≥1,000,000 measurements|
|Light Source||Pulsed Xenon, D65 calibrated|
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||19mm, 10mm, 5mm, 2.5mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
2D CCD array
|Spectral Interval||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Spectral Reporting||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||4 std / 1 optional|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||5°C to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 50°C|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||56cm, 22cm, 31cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||71cm, 38cm, 53cm|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
|Voltage||100 to 240 VAC / 50 to 60Hz|
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||Yes|
|Laser Transmission Targeting||Yes|
|Sample Preview||Door and Video|
|Service Indicator||Status panel|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, UV cal standard, Aperture plates, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable|
See All Support
You Might Also Like
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
Color iMatch formula management and quality control software for plastics, paint, and textiles yields better matches in fewer steps and with fewer corrections.
VERSION 10 AVAILABLE NOW
NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards for verifying and optimizing performance of color measurement devices, reducing variance among instruments.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic||.03 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic||.01 ΔE*ab RMS on white ceramic|
|Short Term Repeatability - Black|
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2.5 seconds||≈ 2.5 seconds||≈ 2.5 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm||10 nm (default); 20nm||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Spectral Range||360nm-780nm||360nm-750nm||360-780 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm||10 nm (default); 20nm||10 nm (default); 5nm; 20nm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||4 std / 1 optional||3 std / 2 optional||4 std / 1 optional|
- Meet the new version of Color iMatch Formulation Software - Version 10| X-Rite Free Webinar
- Communicating Color Digitally
- Color Evaluation Solutions in Product Manufacturing
- The Future of Color Management for Plastics & Coatings
- The Future of Color Management
- The Numbers Behind the Measurement | X-Rite Free Webinar
- How to Measure Unusual Objects
- 4 ways to achieve sustainability
- Proper Tolerancing for Consistent Color
- How to Measure Reflective and Directional Surfaces
- Is My Instrument Measuring Correctly?
- Cut Your Formulation Steps | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Tips on How to Minimize Color Matching Errors | X-Rite Upcoming Webinar
- Reducing Color Rejections in a Manufacturing Workflow | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Welcome to Color Measurement Geometry
- Define a Realistic Pass/Fail Tolerance| Upcoming X-Rite Webinar
- Get to the Root Cause of Color Issues | X-Rite Free Webinar
- Tolerancing Basics | Free X-Rite Webinar
- Process Control for Perfect Color Fidelity
- Ci7x00 Benchtop Spectrophotometer Family; X-Rite Whitepaper
- Controlling Optical Brighteners
- Keep Your Spectrophotometer in Excellent Health | X-Rite Whitepaper
- Choosing the Right Tool for Color Quality on any Surface
- Color Your Mergers and Acquisitions Successful
- The Alchemy of Color
- A Guide to Understanding Color | Color Management Whitepaper
- Ultimate Textile Case Study
News and Events
At AATCC, you'll learn how X-Rite’s next-generation technology is supporting the textiles industry by ensuring colors can be consistently achieved in final production.
Visit X-Rite Pantone at ITMA 2019 to see the latest and greatest of X-Rite Pantone in the textile industry.