Model #: tac-pan
PANTORA™ Material Hub
PANTORA, a desktop application, is the controlling hub of the TAC ecosystem. It allows users to store, manage, view and edit digitally captured materials and to exchange these materials, via a vendor neutral Appearance Exchange (AxF) file format.
Browse, View and Edit Virtual Materials in Real Time
The X-Rite PANTORA™ Material Hub desktop application is designed to simplify the management of a large volume of complex color and appearance data. It acts as a controlling hub among all X-Rite Total Appearance Capture (TAC™) Ecosystem components, connecting digital material input sources with output destinations such as Virtual Light Booth, third-party rendering software and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Systems.
The PANTORA Material Hub includes a Material Browser to find, acquire and import digital materials directly from instruments or from local or cloud databases; a Material Viewer enabling materials to be applied to arbitrary geometry and rendered in a virtual scene; and a Material Editor that allow users to see the impact of changing gloss levels or special-effect pigment concentrations.
- Create large textured areas from small scans using advanced quilting and synthetic algorithms in a highly automated process that allows users to quickly create virtual samples without the need for a large physical sample.
- Quickly find, acquire and import digital material specifications in AxF™ format
- Apply materials to arbitrary geometry, rendering them in real-time in a virtual scene for an immersive digital material evaluation experience.
- Use multi-angle spectrophotometers like the X-Rite MA 9X family as well as image-based color capturing devices like X-Rite CAPSURE to add new data and variations in the editing process.
- Take advantage of online editing in the CPU or GPU shader with results visible in real time in the selected scene.
The PANTORA Material Hub provides an efficient, convenient repository that makes it fast and easy to acquire, browse, import and edit digital material specifications for use in the Total Appearance Capture (TAC) Ecosystem as well as with 3D rendering and PLM systems. Combined with Virtual Light Booth, it creates a real-time immersive experience for evaluation of all types of digital materials, shortening product development cycles and improving overall product quality.
Total Appearance Capture Ecosystem
The TAC™ Ecosystem is an award-winning appearance solution that enables an unmatched level of realism and efficiency in digital material capture and 3D design. Accurately and consistently share material appearance information across every step of the product development process to reduce design approval cycles and accelerate time to market.
|Minimum Order Quantity||
|3rd Party Software Supported||
Autodesk VRED Professional 2016 (AxF 1.0 - BTF, SVBRDF, CPA 1.0)
TAC7 or Standard
Materials: AxF; .ma; .vpb*
|Software Development Kit||
TAC7 or Basic
Wizard for measurement, Configurable for the rest
|Mobile Device Compatibility||
Windows 7 64 bit or
|Available Disk Space||
Min. 1 TB free space
Min. 1 Gigabit Ethernet adapter (recommended: 2 adapters, one dedicated for TAC7 communication)
Min. 16 GB
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation||
Internet or usb dongle
Intel Xeon or Core i7 recommended (AMD CPUs not tested by X-Rite), min. 8 virtual cores (for example 4 physical and 2x hyperthreading) , min. 10,000 CPU Marks recommended
User must have Administrator rights to install and uninstall the application
NVIDIA Quadro or GeForce (AMD GPUs not tested by X-Rite), min. 2 GB RAM, min. 5,000 G3D Marks recommended
|Compatible Android Devices||
|Compatible iOS Devices||
You Might Also Like
The TAC7 scanner captures and stores color, texture, gloss and other surface appearance characteristics of physical material samples.
Appearance Exchange Format (AxF™)
AxF is a vendor-neutral file format that digitally stores and shares a material’s appearance properties across PLM, CAD and rendering applications.
Virtual Light Booth
The Virtual Light Booth provides an unparalleled ability to accurately compare physical and digital material samples, streamlining the design approval process and accelerating time to market.
- Taking Design Virtualization to the Next Level
- How to Create a Digital Material Library
- Industry 4.0: Why Consistent Color and Appearance are More Important Than Ever
- Introducing the Virtual Light Booth
- How to Leverage Measured Materials in 3D Visualization | X-Rite
- Introduction to Total Appearance Capture Scanner (TAC7) and Services
News and Events
Car Design Night brings together acclaimed car designers, including the design directors of all the major brands, for its annual European networking evening and the launch of Car Design Review 5.
NeoCon is the world’s leading platform and most important event of the year for the commercial design industry and a launching pad for iconic brands and products in the commercial design world. Furthermore, NeoCon has evolved into an international design hub that brings together more than 50,000 professionals for networking opportunities as well as dynamic and diverse learning experiences.