Fundamentals of Print and Packaging
Whether you’re an offset or flexo printer, this two-day workshop will help anyone in a print environment understand the importance of measurement-based process control. This course is designed to give you a solid understanding of the eXact and how to use it with X-Rite Software.Find an Event
Measuring & Understanding Color for Print & Packaging
This two-day workshop will help anyone in a print environment understand the importance of measurement-based process control. This course is designed to give you a solid understanding of the eXact and how to use it with X-Rite software.
- You will work with an experienced X-Rite Color Expert and learn through hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Learn how to shorten make-ready time, lower consumable costs and increase ROI with color management equipment.
- Gain an understanding of process control best practices, the key concepts of the G7 methodology, and spot color management from Pantone.
- This course consists of hands-on demonstrations along with real world examples and a presentation booklet to takeaway key information.
If you are not completely satisfied with an X-Rite seminar, we will provide you with a training voucher to attend another future seminar.
21 days prior to event date 100% refund, 14 days prior to event date 50% refund, less than 14 days no refund will be given.
November 11 - 12, 2020
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Grand Rapids, MI
X-Rite World Headquarters
4300 44th Street SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Add To Cart
December 2 - 3, 2020
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST
Charlotte Pineville, NC
Hilton Garden Inn Charlotte Pineville
425 Towne Centre Boulevard
Pineville, NC 28134
Add To Cart
Who Should Attend?
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
This seminar is designed for:
- Quality Control & Assurance Professionals
- Lab Technicians
- Parts Suppliers
- Manufacturing Specifiers
- Anyone who evaluates or approves color
If you’re involved in any of these industries, you can’t miss this seminar.
Print, Packaging, and Industrial: ink, dyes, paper, plastics, textiles
- Building Products
- Food & Food Packaging
- Health & Beauty
Our Fundamentals of Color and Appearance seminar is the leading one-day educational course in the country. Suppliers and manufacturers nationwide have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards… and so can you!
- Knowledgeable Instructors
Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, printing, textiles, plastics and more.
- After the Seminar
After you’ve attended a seminar, you are encouraged to continue contacting us through your My X-Rite account for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
- Free Materials
As part of the seminar tour, all attendees will receive the Munsell Interactive Learning Kit and a Pantone gift free of charge.
- Exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance Book
All seminar attendees will also receive X-Rite’s exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance book. This industry acknowledged publication provides a logical and practical approach to solving color and appearance issues related to industrial applications.
- Product Discounts
Participants will receive a 10% discount voucher that is valid until December 31, 2018. The voucher cannot exceed $500.00 off a purchase.
Introduction to Color and Appearance:
- The science of color and appearance
- The color models – additive, subtractive, and mixed
- How the eye works; including testing color vision and deficiencies
- Communicating color information
- Understanding the CIE system of color
- Interpreting spectral reflectance
- Quantifying light sources, color temperatures and illuminants
- The difference between colorimeters and spectrophotometers
- Light sources and UV in instruments
- Viewing angles, sphere, and diffraction grating
- Instrument repeatability and reproducibility
Visual Quality Control:
- Visual and instrumental color assessment
- Getting the right viewing conditions and light source
- Understanding metamerism
Instrumental Quality Control:
- Deploying enterprise-wide color management and color policies
- Physical and numerical standards
- Pass/fail analysis
- Limitations of color measurement systems
You Might Also Like
Color Theory Training: The Numbers of Color
Understand the numbers of color with this six-module eLearning on the basics of color and communication.
FREE UNTIL OCTOBER 31
FOCA Onsite Training
This FOCA onsite teaches you how to analyze and implement a reliable color quality program.
Customized Onsite Training
X-Rite will design and implement a program at your location that meets your specific business objectives.