Measuring & Understanding Color for Print & Packaging
Measurement-based process control is essential to achieve accurate and consistent color in a print workflow. This two-day workshop explains how to use the X-Rite eXact instrument and software to shorten make-ready time, lower consumable costs, and increase ROI.
Objectives for Fundamentals of Print and Packaging:
- Why process control is important
- Process control best practices
- The key concepts of the G7™ methodology
- How to manage Pantone spot colors
After training, novices and color experts alike will have actionable ideas to troubleshoot issues, reduce costs, and improve overall quality and throughput.
14 days prior to event date 100% refund, 7 days prior to event date 50% refund, less than 7 days no refund will be given. In the event X-Rite needs to cancel the event you will received a 100% refund.
Who Should Attend?
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
This seminar is designed for:
- Quality Control & Assurance Professionals
- Lab Technicians
- Parts Suppliers
- Manufacturing Specifiers
- Anyone who evaluates or approves color
If you’re involved in any of these industries, you can’t miss this seminar.
Print, Packaging, and Industrial: ink, dyes, paper, plastics, textiles
- Building Products
- Food & Food Packaging
- Health & Beauty
Our Fundamentals of Color and Appearance seminar is the leading one-day educational course in the country. Suppliers and manufacturers nationwide have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards… and so can you!
- Knowledgeable Instructors
Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, printing, textiles, plastics and more.
- After the Seminar
After you’ve attended a seminar, you are encouraged to continue contacting us through your My X-Rite account for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
- Free Materials
As part of the seminar tour, all attendees will receive the Munsell Interactive Learning Kit and a Pantone gift free of charge.
- Exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance Book
All seminar attendees will also receive X-Rite’s exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance book. This industry acknowledged publication provides a logical and practical approach to solving color and appearance issues related to industrial applications.
The Science of Color and Appearance
- The color models – additive, subtractive, and mixed
- How the eye works, including testing color vision and deficiencies
- Communicating color information
- Understanding the CIE system of color
- Interpreting spectral reflectance
- Quantifying light sources, color temperatures and illuminants
- The difference between colorimeters and spectrophotometers
- Light sources and UV in instruments
- Viewing angles, sphere, and diffraction grating
- Instrument repeatability and reproducibility
Visual Quality Control
- Visual and instrumental color assessment
- Getting the right viewing conditions and light source
- Understanding metamerism
Instrumental Quality Control
- Deploying enterprise-wide color management and color policies
- Physical and numerical standards
- Pass/fail analysis
- Limitations of color measurement systems
You Might Also Like
The Going Beyond Density eLearning course uses video instruction and hands on exercises to teach how to achieve measurement-based process control in a print workflow.
This eLearning course explains how to operate the eXact color measurement device and use eXact Manager software to manage color at press.