Caring for Your Device
X-Rite builds and services color measurement instruments in an environment that adheres to the highest standards and strictest tolerances. But users also have a responsibility in ensuring that their color measurement instruments live up to the X-Rite promise.
Here are some tips that will help you protect your investment:
- Keep your device clean. Measuring with a dirty device is like driving with a cloudy windshield…not recommended if you want to get accurate and consistent readings. Your spectrophotometer’s user manual includes best practices for cleaning. Follow these carefully, because cleaning your device in the wrong way could void your warranty. A good rule of thumb is to never use anything harsh or abrasive in the cleaning process.
- Keep your samples and targets clean. If you measure dirty samples, your color data won’t be accurate. Plus, you’ll contaminate your measurement device and transfer that contamination to every other sample you measure.
- Calibrate regularly. Calibration brings your device back to its original factory settings. To maintain accuracy, you should calibrate each time you start a job, and at least once a day. The longer you go without calibrating, the harder it will be for your device to bring itself back into a calibrated state.
- Use NetProfiler to optimize and certify the measurement performance of your spectrophotometers on a regular basis, and align multiple instruments with each other to ensure consistent measurement data.
- Follow scheduled maintenance recommendations. Just like your car, you must follow the scheduled maintenance plan to keep your device in good working condition. Factory certification will give you – and your customers – confidence that your instrument is reading and performing the way it should. We recommend factory recertification once a year.
X-Rite is ISO 9001 certified and ISO 17025 accredited. This validates our calibration competency and ensures that we can meet your quality and regulatory requirements. We use the most advanced testing tools and work as fast as we can to return your device quickly.
If you don’t have a full service plan for your spectrophotometers and other X-Rite equipment, you should consider it. It includes one annual certification, free instrument repair with priority turnaround, and a free loaner device. It’s another great way to protect that investment!