FOCA and ColorMaster - QA
This two-day workshop includes one day of Fundamentals of Color and Appearance and one day of ColorMaster.Find an Event
There are currently no sessions available for this training course. Please contact us for more information.
This class includes the “Fundamentals of Color and Appearance” workshop, plus a second day focused on X-Rite instruments and X-Rite ColorMaster™ Quality Assurance software. You will learn from an X-Rite Color Expert how to create standards and tolerances, report color data, and share data both internally and externally with customers and suppliers.
Who Should Attend?
This two-day workshop is designed for registered users of X-RiteColor Master QA Levels I and II.
This course incorporates everything you need to get started in the world of color, in one place, at one time. Day one introduces the fundamentals of color and appearance, where you’ll learn a better way to communicate and control color. Day two builds on what you learned in day one with interactive, hands-on instruction using X-Rite instruments and X-Rite ColorMaster software.
Bring samples and questions! Whether your application is paint, plastics, textiles or ink, this workshop will equip you with the skills to implement color control into your commercial setting.
Day One: Fundamentals of Color and Appearance (FOCA)
Introduction to Color and Appearance:
- The science of color and appearance
- The color models – additive, subtractive, and mixed
- How the eye works; including testing color vision and deficiencies
- Communicating color information
- Understanding the CIE system of color
- Interpreting spectral reflectance
- Quantifying light sources, color temperatures, and illuminants
- The difference between colorimeters and spectrophotometers
- Light sources and UV in instruments
- Viewing angles, sphere, and diffraction grating
- Instrument repeatability and reproducibility
Visual Quality Control:
- Visual and instrumental color assessment
- Getting the right viewing conditions and light source
- Understanding metamerism
Instrumental Quality Control:
- Deploying enterprise-wide color management and color policies
- Physical and numerical standards
- Pass/fail analysis
- Limitations of color measurement systems
Day Two: ColorMaster™ QA
- Setting up your equipment and configuring your software
- The differences between instrument geometries
- Calibrating and maintaining your instrument
- Basic software functionality; including how to select a database and formulation mode vs. QA mode
- Creating and maintaining standards and samples
- Establishing achievable tolerances
- Using special features such as projects, jobs, and reports
- Downloading standards to portable instrument and make data portable
You Might Also Like
Customized Onsite Training
X-Rite will design and implement a program at your location that meets your specific business objectives.
FOCA Onsite Training
This FOCA onsite teaches you how to analyze and implement a reliable color quality program.
Color Theory Training: The Numbers of Color
Understand the numbers of color with this six-module eLearning on the basics of color and communication.
FREE FOR A LIMITED-TIME