Installing the Thin Film Sample Holder onto a CE7000A
Need to take a transmission measurement of a thin film sample.The thin film sample holder is designed to mount in the CE7000A transmission compartment. To install it:
1. Go to the touch pad menu. Make sure that SCI is displayed as the specular component setting.
2. On the touch pad, make sure that LAV is selected as the lens position.
3. Open the CE7000A transmission compartment. Remove the specular light trap by loosening the thumb screw and pulling the device up and out.
4. There are two angled channels on the base plate: the sphere channel and the lens channel. Place the sample retainer into one of the channels of the base plate. For total transmission measurements, position the sample retainer at the channel close to the sphere. For direct transmission measurements, position at the lens channel.
5. Slide the sample retainer forward or backward and up and down to accommodate the size and shape of your sample. Tighten the thumbscrews on the sample retainer after you reach the desired position. The sample retainer is now installed.