Updated Communication on COVID-19 Business Continuity and Preparedness
March 24, 2020
Dear Valued Customer and Partner,
As the global coronavirus pandemic continues, many states within the Unites States, including Michigan where X-Rite is headquartered, have issued Stay at Home or similar orders. This is following a similar approach to what local governing bodies throughout the world are experiencing.
During this time, we would like to reiterate our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and partners. We would also like update you on X-Rite’s Product Supply, Business Continuity, and Health and Safety measures.
X-Rite provides equipment, software and services essential to the supply chain for hardware and building material stores, food, beverage, agriculture, personal care and other consumer product industries recognized as critical infrastructure. We contribute to the vital operations of our client’s facilities and their ability to package those products for consumers.
As in other countries, the State of Michigan “Stay at Home” Executive Order permits businesses supporting Essential Businesses and Operations to continue manufacturing operations, for associates who are unable to work from home, with proper safety precautions. Our business continuity planning allows us to act in compliance with the Michigan Order as we are in other locations throughout the world, to continue production.
At X-Rite we constantly evolve our business continuity plan to prioritize the health and safety of our associates, customers and partners while ensuring compliance with the ongoing requirements of local government officials. Below are the ongoing steps we have taken as a company:
- X-Rite Manufacturing – At this time, our manufacturing facilities are operating smoothly and with key products being prioritized such as Handheld and Benchtop Spectrophotometers based on the criticality of these products to support “essential” businesses. We have implemented several safety and social distancing practices into our manufacturing process to ensure the safety of our workers. This includes allowing only limited staff in building, split shifts in some work cells, use of gloves in areas using common tools and additional cleaning of touch points by X-Rite and our custodial staff. As a result, we can continue manufacturing products and fill orders while keeping our associates safe.
- X-Rite Supply Chain - We have communicated with our critical suppliers informing them of our role supporting Essential Infrastructure businesses so that they can maintain supply to us in compliance with applicable State Orders or local regulations that may impact their businesses.
- X-Rite Support and Sales – In compliance with worldwide local government directives, our customer support team and sales organization are working remotely from home. They are available for order processing and questions via email, phone, web or TeamViewer. The team can facilitate remote training, deployments, demonstrations and eLearning opportunities.
- X-Rite General Business Continuity – We have taken steps to ensure back-office and IT services are available, so business can continue when associates are working remotely. We have also implemented specific business continuity plans at the functional level so each business function (Sales, Operations, Logistics, R&D, IT, etc.) is prepared.
We know you depend on us, our tools and services, for your own businesses. We will keep you informed of changes to our services, as well as our sales and service approach.
You can also contact X-Rite through our many channels:
- Xrite.com, is always available as a resource for product information, trainings and company news.
- We are preparing new digital content to help customers who are also working remotely. Stay tuned for marketing communications with helpful links, videos and more.
- Customer Support and Sales: please use the Contact Us form on our website
Thank you for your continued business and partnership.
President, X-Rite Pantone Inc.