Model #: splqc
The SpectraLight QC is the light booth of choice for color-critical visual assessment of large and small items under daylight and other lighting conditions; includes 7 light sources.
Control Lighting Conditions
Consistent quality control in color-critical product categories is finally possible thanks to the SpectraLight QC light booth and luminaire. This holistic visual color assessment system features state-of-the-art light sources, including natural filtered daylight, making it easy to meet practically any specification. A data-driven back-end ensures inter-instrument agreement across the supply chain, allowing unprecedented reporting and traceability on unit settings, lamp performance, operator certifications, and more.
The SpectraLight QC features seven light sources, more than any other light booth or luminaire on the market.This includes CIE Daylight, Cool White Fluorescent, Incandescent “A” & 2300K/Horizon, UVA, and two more fluorescent types (choice of U30, U35, TL83, and TL84). Profiles can be created to share preferences and settings across the supply chain.
- Filtered tungsten halogen daylight provides the most accurate daylight simulation available for optimum visual assessment.
- Built-in sensors automatically adjust fluorescent lamp voltage to achieve instant stability and compensate for changes in lamp performance after many hours of use.
- Every instrument starts with exacting UV calibration. Built-in sensors monitor and correct UV output to maintain inter-instrument agreement.
- Real-time digital lux output can be adjusted to comply with ASTM and AATCC standards based on the sample type or user needs.
- X-Rite replacement lamps are marked with unique serial numbers to ensure consistent performance and better traceability.
Lighting is one of the most critical influencers of accurate color evaluation. By using the SpectraLight QC light booth during the design, specification, pre-production, production and quality assurance stages, color can be accurately evaluated under all relevant lighting conditions. This acts to reduce human error and waste due to rejects and rework, shorten time to market and improve overall product quality. The system also includes value-added training programs through the X-Rite Visual QC Institute.
|Light Level Adjustment||Digital|
|Light Level Sensor||Digital|
|Light Source||D50 or D65, CWF, UVA, 2300K, CIE A, and two of TL83, TL84, U30, U35|
|Total Light Sources||7|
|Humidity||Rh 0 to 95% max (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||32°F to 95°F / 0°C to 35°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-40°F to 158°F / -40°C to 70°C|
|Viewing Area (length, width, height)||35 in x 23 in x 23 in / 90 cm x 58 cm x 58 cm|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||D 24 x H 27.6 x W 37.2 in / D 610 x H 700 x W 945 mm|
|Instrument Display||Monochromatic LCD|
|Voltage||100, 115, 230V|
|Warm Up Time||Instant On|
|Industry Standards||ISO, ASTM, AATCC, SAE, DIN, and BSI visual assessment requirements|
- Horizon Light vs. Incandescent
- Viewing Samples in a SpectraLight Booth
- Recommended Paint Color for Viewing Color Samples
You Might Also Like
The Ci64, X-Rite’s most precise handheld sphere spectrophotometer, is available in three models: with simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
FM100 Hue Test
The FM100 Hue Test is an easy-to-administer test and a highly effective method for evaluating an individual's ability to discern color.
Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue Scoring Software
The Farnsworth-Munsell Hue Test Scoring Software expedites and simplifies scoring of the FM 100 Hue Test and provides a powerful set of analytical and administrative tools.