For the last few Decembers, we’ve provided you with a list of “top color measurement blogs” for that respective year. As we reviewed this year’s list, we noticed that your favorite/ the most-read blogs could be categorized into a few buckets. So, without further ado, here’s 2018’s top blog topics!
2018’s Most Popular Color Measurement Topic: Tolerancing
Not to our team’s surprise, Tolerancing – what it is/what it means for your business – was the topic that was most requested in 2018. Because of your enthusiasm to this topic, our team wrote an entire blog series around Tolerancing. Re-read this great series using the links below!
- Tolerancing Part 1: The History of Color Analysis
- Tolerancing Part 2: The Effect of Light
- Tolerancing Part 3: Color Space vs. Color Tolerance
While many of you read, enjoyed, and provided positive feedback on this series… you still wanted more information! Because of this interest, our team led a few webinars that spoke to this topic in more detail. If you missed it and/or want to re-watch, here are the links to our on-demand webinars.
- Tolerancing Webinar: Defining A Realistic Pass/Fail Tolerance
- Tolerancing Webinar 2: Are You Using the Right Tolerancing Method?
- Tolerancing Webinar 3: Proper Tolerancing for Consistent Color
2018’s Second Most Popular Color Topic: This Versus That
In 2018, our team recognized that there was a lot of confusion about the difference between color measurement tools and tactics. In response to this confusion, we wrote a few blogs that clarified instrument and measurement differences. Review these blogs for a “refresher”, or pass them along to those who are new on your color team!
- This Versus That Blog: Colorimeter vs. Spectrophotometer
- This Versus That Blog 2: Spectrometer vs. Spectrophotometer
- This Versus That Blog 3: SPIN vs. SPEX
- This Versus That Blog 4: CMY vs. SMYK vs. RGB
While the topics of "Tolerancing" and "This Versus That" were the most popular blog topics,we decided to highlight two additional topics as "honorable mention" topics.
Color Perception: Color Perception has been a hot topic in 2018 – not just on our blog, but also within the industry. While the color experts here at X-Rite have recognized it’s importance from the start, many businesses are just starting to understand the consequences of miscommunicated or misperceived color. The waste, rework, and frustration is simply not worth it… read our popular Color Perception series to learn why this is – and will continue to be – a popular topic within the industry.
- Color Perception Part 1: The Effect Of Light
- Color Perception Part 2: The Impact on Manufacturing
- Color Perception Part 3: The Tricks the Environment Plays On Our Eyes
- Color Perception Part 4: Human Traits
Calibration & Profiling: Whether you’re a professional photographer, or just started your role within the printing industry, it’s imperative to recognize the importance of calibration and profiling. Get started with calibration by reading one of 2018’s most popular color blogs: How To Calibrate Your Monitor.