Transforming the Transportation Industry with Impactful Color
Transportation companies that manufacture bicycles, trains, airplanes, busses, and more are facing transformational trends that will change the way people get from point A to point B. A new foundation has been paved to achieve a more sustainable, accessible, affordable, and safe means of transit while ensuring the customer experience is not jeopardized. It’s imperative to keep customers’ needs front and center when adapting to these changes.
What does that mean for the transportation industry? Manufacturers and suppliers have one chance to build each vehicle to exact customer standards. If not, rejections, waste, and added man hours will accumulate.
According to Digital Information World, 93% of consumers reported focusing on visual appearance when buying a product. This demonstrates how dramatically color can affect behavior, and how important it is to consider when building brand awareness. An end-to-end color measurement solution that can measure and control color and appearance will ensure vehicle manufacturers stay on top of current trends and adapt as new ones are introduced.
Customizable solutions from X-Rite enable transportation manufacturers to:
- Replace the subjectivity of visual color evaluation with precise specifications and expectations
- Evaluate effect paint 60% faster on assembly and paint lines
- React to consumer demands quickly by creating new coating systems with exact color and appearance specifications
- Deliver color compatibility between parts, such as roofs, mirror housings, and trim
- Compile data for simple quality analysis and production review