Model #: plv-des
PantoneLIVE Design gives designers and prepress teams access to Pantone digital color libraries and to private brand libraries for use during the inspiration, creation and prepress phases. This license enables Adobe Illustrator to work with PantoneLIVE. Requires free PantoneLIVE Adobe Illustrator plugin.
Digital Color Standards and Communication
PantoneLIVE Design enables designers to define, create and communicate color palettes based on specific substrates, print processes, inks and application methods. These colors can be shared with the production supply chain utilizing a cloud-based repository. Brand integrity and design intent are assured across a variety of print surfaces, production processes, departments and geographies delivering expected results.
- Select colors that are achievable across all desired substrates
- Eliminate ambiguity in communicating color
- Improve visibility to performance across an increasingly complex supply chain
- Get to final approved color faster
- Access to 4,518 up-to-date Pantone colors.
- Assess spot color appearance when applied to different packaging materials and printing processes.
- Substitute spot colors in design file to improve production outcomes.
Compare Design with Realistic Color Appearance with PantoneLIVE Viewer
Create a side-by-side comparison of your design file as it would appear upon output when printed as a PMS spot color or a PMS color on 34 common packaging materials.
Pantone Tolerance Guides
Physical color standard custom printed to provide a visual LAB reference of tolerance for any given brand color.
Pantone Simulator Prints
- Save time, money, and rework by showing how colors will appear on the most common packaging materials before artwork goes into production.
- Communicate color intent internally or share with production partners to eliminate color risk earlier in the workflow.
Pantone Physical Color Guides
The best-selling color standards in the world, used for design inspiration, color specification, and printing accuracy.
PANTONE®, PantoneLIVE and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pantone is a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated. Licensed under Sun Chemical Corporation. Sun Chemical’s patented technology enables the communication of a consistent, digital description of the desired appearance of a product. – [U.S. Patent Nos. 7,034,960; 7,202,976; 7,268,918; 7,417,764 and their foreign equivalents]. © Pantone LLC, 2017. All rights reserved.
|Digital Color Library Access||This license provides access to the digital Pantone color standards in the PantoneLIVE cloud when connected to Adobe Illustrator and PantoneLIVE Visualizer.|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for cloud synchronization|
- PantoneLIVE Ink Validation Software v1.0.3 Build 10
- PantoneLIVE Visualizer v184.108.40.206
- PantoneLIVE Adobe Illustrator Plug-in v1.5
- PantoneLIVE Visualizer v2.00
- As a package designer, how would PantoneLIVE be useful to me?
- Does Viewer work in conjunction with monitor calibration?
- Complimentary eLearning Courses for Users of Color iQC, IFS6, and Adobe Plugins
- How is ColorBook different from ColorBook and Viewer?
- PantoneLIVE license fails after upgrade to Adobe plugin
A world-renowned consumer products company with a large brand portfolio has been able to get its products to market 4 times faster with X-Rite Pantone Color Management Solutions.
Read this case study to learn how this leading global company is using X-Rite Pantone solutions to achieve results you can actually see, and deliver in your next report out.
"Physical and digital references are both an important part of the process, they are complementary to each other."
You Might Also Like
ColorCert Desktop Tools
Quality Assurance Software
ColorCert Desktop Tools are modular solutions enabling accurate creation of color specifications and process control at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
For Print & Packaging
The new eXact combines industry-leading functionality with an easy-to-use interface to deliver the best solution yet for controlling, managing, and communicating color across the entire color workflow.
This affordable, durable light booth has 5 light sources for accurate evaluation of color under controlled lighting conditions for print, packaging and industrial applications.
Starting at $2,095
|3rd Party Software Supported|
|Available Disk Space|
|Black Background With Sheet Storage|
|Closed Loop Support|
|Color Bar Alignment|
|Compatible Android Devices|
|Compatible Software Supporting DNG Profiles|
|Compatible iOS Devices|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support|
|Illumination Spot Size|
|Image Contact During Measurements|
|Ink Wells / Ink Units|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for cloud synchronization||Yes, for cloud synchronization|
|Laser Transmission Targeting|
|Light Level Adjustment|
|Light Level Sensor|
|Measurement Cycle Time|
|Measurement Frequency in Scanning Mode|
|Measurement Working Distance|
|Minimal Media Thickness|
|Minimum Order Quantity|
|Mobile Device Compatibility|
|Number of Displays Supported per Workstation|
|Operating Temperature Range|
|Optical Brigtener Compensation (OBC)|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)|
|Pass / Fail|
|Scanner Target Support|
|Screen Ruling Range (AM)|
|Short Term Repeatability - Black|
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue|
|Short Term Repeatability - Density|
|Short Term Repeatability - Green|
|Short Term Repeatability - White|
|Single Pass Scan|
|Software Development Kit|
|Storage Temperature Range|
|Supported Profile Format|
|Total Light Sources|
|Viewing Area (length, width, height)|
|Warm Up Time|
- PantoneLIVE - The Criticality of Using Physical and Digital Color Standards
- How to Quality Check Formulated and Built Colors
- How Color Standards Can Improve Profitability
- How to Become More Color Successful When Printing Folding Carton Packaging | X-Rite Webinar
- Fast Track to Improved Color for Brand Owners
- How to Improve Color Quality and Efficiency with Label Printing
- Conquer Consistency
News and Events
Attend this webinar to learn more about Grand Wide Format Printing and color management solutions specific to this type of printing.