If so, we’d like you to know there’s an easier way.
An upgrade from the original IntelliTrax, IntelliTrax2 is an automated, non-contact scanning system that makes it easy for busy pressrooms to measure color bars and press sheets without the risk of human error. Adding press-side quality control into your color workflow can shorten your makeready, reduce waste, and help you get to optimum color quality fast.
IntelliTrax2 is an ideal color management solution for high-end, high-speed commercial printing and converting operations. Here’s why.
1 – Fast and simple to use.
- IntelliTrax2 can scan a typical press sheet color bar in less than 10 seconds without smudging or scratching.
- Automatic color bar detection ensures accurate measurement even if the color bar is skewed. Since it can handle materials up to one millimeter thick, it is ideal for packaging applications.
- Can be configured to meet specific shop needs with a choice of three scanning heads and an optional foot pedal for hands-free operation.
2 – Actually helps manage your color.
- Measures process colors, special colors, PANTONE® colors, PantoneLIVE colors, paper color, tone value increase, gray balance and ink density, plus supports M1 measurement illumination conditions to accurately measure optically brightened substrates.
- Offers real-time reporting on density, color, grayness, tone value increase, sheet performance, job performance so press operators can quickly make adjustments, even before color drift is visible to the human eye.
- Provides recommendations for ink density based on the DE difference between the targeted color information and the measured spectral information so you can quickly determine a satisfactory match on-press.
- Supports the latest G7 and PSO/FOGRA process control requirements and reporting so you can stay current with standards.
3 – Designed to be part of an end-to-end color workflow.
- Links to other X-Rite IntelliTrax systems across the plant or across multiple sites, providing up-to-date centralized job information and color standards. It also features exceptional inter-model agreement with the X-Rite eXact™.
- Can directly access the PantoneLIVE database, ensuring the use of accurate spectral target values for corporate and other spot colors and can exchange job data with ColorCert: X-Rite Edition for statistical process control.
- Works with NetProfiler to manage and monitor color performance on a standalone or enterprise level, validating instrument performance on-site and providing consistent quality measurements across shifts, departments and sites.
Our case studies show how others are using IntelliTrax to save time and money.
Bell & Bain is a Scottish book printer that uses IntelliTrax as part of their closed loop color control system. “Our initial IntelliTrax investment made a huge difference to our operation,“ says Scott Hill, Print Manager. “We can reach target densities in 20 minutes and that’s for large format four-over-four printing.”
Because it serves some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Energizer, Stanley, Black & Decker, and 3M, Rohrer Corporation knows that the colors of the packaging it prints have to be spot-on. Their new system includes IntelliTrax automated color bar scanning capabilities to scan sheet and react quickly. Its ability to save and retrieve spectral data versus density only has helped reduce make-ready time and improve run-to-run consistency.
Does IntelliTrax2 sound like the right choice for you?
Get in touch to learn more.
If you’re a current IntelliTrax or EasyTrax user, contact your X-Rite representative to learn more about upgrading to the more functional IntelliTrax2.