A Practical Approach To Understanding & Managing Color Quality
This one-day training is built for quality control and assurance professionals, lab technicians, parts suppliers, manufacturing specifiers, brand owners, production managers or anyone who evaluates or approves color.
You’ll walk away with a solid foundation in color and appearance science. From the physics of color to lighting, spectrophotometers and color data, we will teach you how to measure, view and understand color data.
Taught by X-Rite color experts, the training is fun, easy to understand and applicable to nearly every industry and business. Through engaging presentations and live demonstrations, you will learn how to control color more effectively within your own organization and throughout your supply chain.
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries, including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
Événements à venir
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging* and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
This training is designed for:
- Quality Control & Assurance Professionals
- Lab Technicians
- Parts Suppliers
- Manufacturing Specifiers
- Brand Owners
- Production Managers
- Anyone who evaluates or approves color
If you’re involved in any of these industries, you can’t miss this training.
- Building Products
- Food & Food Packaging*
- Health & Beauty
- Print*, Packaging*, and Industrial: ink, dyes, paper, plastics, textiles
* Print & Packaging industries are not addressed in all training courses. Please check individual courses to see if it is included.
Our Fundamentals of Color and Appearance training is a leading one-day educational course. Suppliers and manufacturers have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards… and so can you!
Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, coatings, textiles, plastics and more.
After the Training
After you’ve attended a training, you are encouraged to continue contacting us for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
Certificate of Completion
At the end of the training, all attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Brand Quiz – Importance of Color to Product
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Color Identification
- Color Responses and Limitations of Visual Assessment
- Color Deficiency and Assessment
- Importance of Controlled Lighting and Standardized Illuminants
- Controlling the Object with Spectral Reflectance and Metamerism
- Customer Supplied Sample Discussion
- Additive/Subtractive Color Models
- Standard Observer Weighting
- Munsell Notation
- L*a*b*/L*c*h*/Decmc Color Tolerancing Models
- Instrument Geometries and Suitability
- Color vs Surface Finish/Gloss
- Effect Coatings
- Visual vs Instrumental Assessment
- Create color standards
- Develop appropriate color tolerances
- Measure your samples against target colors and analyze results
Please note that each training date focuses on a specific audience and is taught in a single language. Review the class details below before selecting a class.
- October 28, 2020 – Industrial and Imaging & Media (Manchester, Language: English) – Price: £379 per person + VAT (Early bird price: £325 until October 14, 2020). Get an additional 10% discount for each additional place booked after the first person, whether early bird or headline rate!
Vous apprécierez peut-être ceci
Maîtrisez les données chiffrées liées à la couleur avec cette formation en ligne en six modules abordant les notions basiques de la couleur et de la communication.