Model #: vs450
The VS450 is a non-contact spectrophotometer used to measure a variety of wet and dry samples including cosmetics, paints, plastics, powders, and food.
Non-Contact Color Measurement Instrument
The X-Rite VS450 is a benchtop spectrophotometer that operates in a non-contact mode. It can measure a sample from a distance without being affected by ambient light. The VS450 can be used to measure wet samples, large or bulky items, or substances such as food that would require a protective barrier for conventional measurement.
In many laboratory and manufacturing processes, it is beneficial to measure wet samples to make a wet-to-wet comparison as a proxy for a final dry-to-dry comparison. This can save as much as 24 hours of wait time while samples dry, enabling operators to make changes in production quickly, reducing scrap and making production more efficient while delivering better color measurements.
- Control day-to-day color production with a defined, standard procedure that saves time, cost, and effort.
- Establish a “wet tolerance” in order to produce a good result in a final dry-to-dry comparison.
- Compensate for the difference in appearance between wet and dry standards, when combined with Color iMatch software.
- Use this non-contact instrument to measure large or bulky items or materials such as food that may require a protective barrier when using a contact instrument that can affect measurement accuracy.
- Benefit from minimal maintenance requirements since the optical system never comes in contact with samples and thus remains uncontaminated.
The X-Rite VS450, combined with Color iMatch and/or Color iQC software, enables measurement of wet or dry samples and samples that should not touch the device. It is also capable of measuring samples that change appearance when pressed behind glass or other presentation devices, allowing these samples to be measured in their natural, unaltered state, just as the human eye would see them.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.025 max DEab at 12 mm
0.035 max DEab at 6 mm
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue||Not published|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.15 DEab avg on BCRA tiles|
|Illumination Spot Size||Not published|
|Image Contact During Measurements||Non-Contact|
|Lamp Life||20 million flashes|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED|
|Measurement Cycle Time||1 second|
|Measurement Spot||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Measurement Time||750 ms|
|Measurement Working Distance||1.5 inches|
|Patch Size||6 mm or 12 mm|
|Photometric Range||0 to 150% reflectance|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Analyzer||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Aperture||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Humidity||0 to 85% RH, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||10° to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 70° C|
|Minimum Order Quantity||1|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75" L x 6.0" W x 5.57" H|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||10" L x 17" W x 11" H|
|Shipped Weight||12 pounds|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Status Panel||No status panel|
|Voltage||Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC|
|Warm Up Time||3 minutes|
|Industry Standards||None published|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||No|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||No|
See All Support
You Might Also Like
Color iMatch formula management and quality control software for plastics, paint, and textiles yields better matches in less steps with fewer corrections.
VERSION 10 SHIPPING SOON
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
The SpectraLight QC is the light booth of choice for color-critical visual assessment of large and small items under daylight and other lighting conditions; includes 7 light sources.
- Rigs and Jigs for Handheld Instruments
- Automotive Color Solutions
- Paint and Coatings Brochure
- Plastics Solutions Brochure
- VS450 Product Brochure - 2pg
- VS450 Product Brochure - 4pg
- VS450 Mounting Stand Brochure
- Health and Beauty Solutions Brochure
- Cosmetics Solutions Brochure
- Food Solutions Brochure
- Training and Support for Industrial Color
- Algida Ice Cream and the X-Rite VS450