Model #: vs450
Out of Production
The VS450 is a non-contact spectrophotometer used to measure a variety of wet and dry samples including cosmetics, paints, plastics, powders, and food.
Non-Contact Color Measurement Instrument
The X-Rite VS450 is a benchtop spectrophotometer that operates in a non-contact mode. It can measure a sample from a distance without being affected by ambient light. The VS450 can be used to measure wet samples, large or bulky items, or substances such as food that would require a protective barrier for conventional measurement.
In many laboratory and manufacturing processes, it is beneficial to measure wet samples to make a wet-to-wet comparison as a proxy for a final dry-to-dry comparison. This can save as much as 24 hours of wait time while samples dry, enabling operators to make changes in production quickly, reducing scrap and making production more efficient while delivering better color measurements.
- Control day-to-day color production with a defined, standard procedure that saves time, cost, and effort.
- Establish a “wet tolerance” in order to produce a good result in a final dry-to-dry comparison.
- Compensate for the difference in appearance between wet and dry standards, when combined with Color iMatch software.
- Use this non-contact instrument to measure large or bulky items or materials such as food that may require a protective barrier when using a contact instrument that can affect measurement accuracy.
- Benefit from minimal maintenance requirements since the optical system never comes in contact with samples and thus remains uncontaminated.
The X-Rite VS450, combined with Color iMatch and/or Color iQC software, enables measurement of wet or dry samples and samples that should not touch the device. It is also capable of measuring samples that change appearance when pressed behind glass or other presentation devices, allowing these samples to be measured in their natural, unaltered state, just as the human eye would see them.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.025 max DEab at 12 mm
0.035 max DEab at 6 mm
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue||Not published|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.15 DEab avg on BCRA tiles|
|Illumination Spot Size||Not published|
|Image Contact During Measurements||Non-Contact|
|Lamp Life||20 million flashes|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED|
|Measurement Cycle Time||1 second|
|Measurement Spot||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Measurement Time||750 ms|
|Measurement Working Distance||1.5 inches|
|Patch Size||6 mm or 12 mm|
|Photometric Range||0 to 150% reflectance|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Analyzer||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Aperture||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Humidity||0 to 85% RH, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||10° to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 70° C|
|Minimum Order Quantity||1|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75" L x 6.0" W x 5.57" H|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||10" L x 17" W x 11" H|
|Shipped Weight||12 pounds|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Status Panel||No status panel|
|Voltage||Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC|
|Warm Up Time||3 minutes|
|Industry Standards||None published|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||No|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||No|
See All Support
You Might Also Like
For Formulating Plastics, Coatings and Textiles
With Color iMatch formulation and quality control software, color matchers can accelerate color development through better first match performance and fewer correction steps.
For Quality Control and Quality Assurance
With Color iQC software, specifiers and suppliers achieve consistent color throughout the entire supply chain in a variety of industrial, print, and packaging workflows.
For the Most Critical Visual Assessment
With 7 light sources including dimmable filtered-tungsten halogen daylight (class A) and optional LED, this top-of-the line lightbooth provides the most accurate daylight simulation available for optimum visual assessment.
- Rigs and Jigs for Handheld Instruments
- Automotive Color Solutions
- Paint and Coatings Brochure
- Plastics Solutions Brochure
- VS450 Product Brochure - 2pg
- VS450 Product Brochure - 4pg
- VS450 Mounting Stand Brochure
- Health and Beauty Solutions Brochure
- Cosmetics Solutions Brochure
- Food Solutions Brochure
- Training and Support for Industrial Color
- Algida Ice Cream and the X-Rite VS450