Model #: vs450
The VS450 is a unique, non-contact color measurement instrument for measuring color accuracy of a variety of wet and dry samples including cosmetics, paints, plastics, powders and food.
Non-Contact Instrument for Accurate Color Control
The X-Rite VS450 is unique in the market as the only benchtop spectrophotometer that operates in a non-contact mode. In addition, it can measure a sample from a distance without being affected by ambient light. The VS450 is ideal for measuring wet samples, large or bulky items, or substances such as food that would require a protective barrier for conventional measurement.
In many laboratory and manufacturing processes, it is beneficial to measure wet samples to make a wet-to-wet comparison as a proxy for a final dry-to-dry comparison. This can save as much as 24 hours of wait time while samples dry, enabling operators to make changes in production quickly, reducing scrap and making production more efficient while delivering better color accuracy.
- Better control day-to-day color production with a defined, standard procedure that saves time, cost and effort.
- Establish a “wet tolerance” that wet samples need to meet in order to produce a good result in a final dry-to-dry comparison, saving as much as 24 hours waiting for samples to dry in the lab and in production.
- In combination with Color iMatch, measure samples and use the adjust feature to compensate for the difference in appearance between wet and dry standards for more accuracy and significant time savings.
- Use this non-contact instrument to measure large or bulky items or materials such as food that may require a protective barrier when using a contact instrument that can affect measurement accuracy.
- Benefit from minimal maintenance requirements since optical system never comes in contact with samples and thus remains uncontaminated.
The X-Rite VS450, combined with Color iMatch and/or Color iQC software, solves color measurement problems that have been an issue until now. Accurate measurement of wet or dry samples, samples that cannot come in contact with the device, and samples that change appearance when pressed behind glass or other presentation devices can now be measured in their natural, unaltered state, just as the human eye would see them.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||0.025 max DEab at 12 mm
0.035 max DEab at 6 mm
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue||Not published|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.15 DEab avg on BCRA tiles|
|Illumination Spot Size||Not published|
|Image Contact During Measurements||Non-Contact|
|Lamp Life||20 million flashes|
|Light Source||Full spectrum LED|
|Measurement Cycle Time||1 second|
|Measurement Spot||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Measurement Time||750 ms|
|Measurement Working Distance||1.5 inches|
|Patch Size||6 mm or 12 mm|
|Photometric Range||0 to 150% reflectance|
|Photometric Resolution||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Analyzer||10 nm intervals|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Spectral Reporting||400-700 nm @ 10 nm|
|Aperture||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||12 mm and 6 mm|
|Humidity||0 to 85% RH, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||10° to 40° C|
|Storage Temperature Range||-20° to 70° C|
|Minimum Order Quantity||1|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||9.75" L x 6.0" W x 5.57" H|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||10" L x 17" W x 11" H|
|Shipped Weight||12 pounds|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Status Panel||No status panel|
|Voltage||Universal power supply, 100-240 VAC|
|Warm Up Time||3 minutes|
|Industry Standards||None published|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||No|
|Internal Temperature & Humidity Sensor||No|
Color and appearance play a huge role in the way consumers select their ice cream in supermarkets or convenience stores. Before they even taste the product, consumers first judge the color of the frozen treats.
UK retailer B&Q, partnering with color expert X-Rite Pantone and paint manufacturer Valspar partnered to change that model by offering a custom color mixing solution
You Might Also Like
Color iMatch is a job-oriented color formulation solution for paint, plastics and textiles, enabling fast, accurate color analysis and colorant formulation for a variety of applications.
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
The SpectraLight QC is the light booth of choice for color-critical visual assessment of large and small items under daylight and other lighting conditions; includes 7 light sources.
- Rigs and Jigs for Handheld Instruments
- Automotive Color Solutions
- Paint and Coatings Brochure
- Plastics Solutions Brochure
- VS450 Product Brochure - 2pg
- VS450 Product Brochure - 4pg
- VS450 Mounting Stand Brochure
- Health and Beauty Solutions Brochure
- Cosmetics Solutions Brochure
- Food Solutions Brochure
- Training and Support for Industrial Color