Model #: ma96
MA96 Multi-Angle Spectrophotometer
The X-Rite MA96 multi-angle spectrophotometer uses 6 angles to accurately measure special effect paints and coatings, with pressure sensors to ensure the instrument is placed correctly.
Multi-Angle Color Measurement Made Easy
Color can make or break a product. Metallics, pearlescents, and other complex special effect finishes deliver limitless possibilities for enhancing product appeal. And limitless challenges as well. Duplicating these complex colors from part to part is no easy task, especially in a distributed global supply chain. The intelligent handheld X-Rite MA96 multi-angle spectrophotometer features six aspecular angles of measurement (-15⁰, 15⁰, 25⁰, 45⁰, 75⁰, 110⁰) to assess color accuracy for special effect and other paints and coatings as they would be seen by the human eye from various angles. The -15⁰ measurement helps operators more fully characterize interference pigments such as pearlescents.
The MA96 also makes it easy to accurately measure flat, flexible and curved surfaces by using three pressure sensors that quickly indicate to operators that they have positioned the instrument correctly. Using the JOBS function, the instrument’s large color LCD screen indicates where measurements should be taken with both text and visual cues, and records data for analysis using X-ColorQC software.
- Offers spectral measurements that ensures consistent color across a global sourcing supply chain, with all resulting components matching at the point of assembly.
- Used to measure incoming materials, the MA96 will identify issues early in the process in order to reduce potential downtime or rework during subsequent manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Easy to use and understand, the MA96 streamlines the color measurement process during production in order to minimize downtime without sacrificing quality. The average measurement is achieved in 2 seconds.
- Includes a JOBS function that allows for more consistent color measurements from shift to shift, minimizes the learning curve and reduces the probability of human error.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||► 0.03 avg. ∆E* white ceramic|
|Measurement Geometry||6 Aspecular measurement angles|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.18 ∆E* avg. on BCRA|
|Illumination Spot Size||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Lamp Life||750,000 measurements|
|Light Source||45° tungsten halogen|
|Measurement Cycle Time||2 sec.|
|Measurement Spot||Approx. 12mm (.5 inch)|
|Measurement Time||Approx. 2 seconds|
|Spectral Interval||10 nm|
|Spectral Range||400-700 nm|
|Color Differences||L*a*b*, L*C*h°, ΔE*; ΔECMC; ΔE DIN6175, ΔE2000|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, F2, F7, F11 & F1|
|Humidity||85% Relative Humidity max (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||50F to 104F (10C to 40C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||-4F to 122F (-20C to 50C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||3.4 x 4.5x 10.6 inches (8,7cm x 11,4cm x 26,9cm)|
|Weight||2.5 lbs 1.13 kgs|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0 Bluetooth wireless (in compliant countries only)|
|Instrument Display||High resolution Color LCD|
|Voltage||7.4vDC @ 2400mAh|
|Industry Standards||ASTM D 2244, E 308, E 1164, E 2194; DIN 5033, 6174, 6175-2; ISO 7724; SAE J1545.|
Featured SupportSupport Articles:
See All Support
You Might Also Like
For the Most Precise Measurement on Extreme Effect Finishes
The MA-T12’s twelve angles of measurement and color imaging enable the most complete characterization of today’s extreme effect materials.
Quality Assurance Software
With X-Color QC, track and control color data for a variety of materials in automotive and other industries, with complete and real-time connectivity and controlled user access.
- MIPA SE Raises Quality-Bar in Auto Refinishing