Model #: ci4200
For Reflectance Measurement
The Ci4200 is an easy-to-use compact benchtop sphere spectrophotometer that, combined with Color QC and Formulation software, supports an evolving color management program.
Setting a new standard for color performance
In a competitive marketplace, there is increasing pressure to improve color quality in the lab and in manufacturing to reduce rework due to errors and to deliver a faster time to market. The Ci4200 is an affordable benchtop spectrophotometer for small to medium-sized manufacturers across a variety of industries who are aspiring to implement a higher degree of color formulation and color quality control in their product development and production processes. When combined with a tiered offering of Color QC and Formulation software applications, it scales to support an evolving color program.
The advanced Ci4200UV adds the capability of self-calibrating UV illumination to accommodate evaluation of the effect of optical brightening and fluorescing agents that cause color to shift under different lighting conditions.
- Using standard measurement methods, immediately identify variances in color and gloss to ensure accurate color readings or to verify visual inspection (SPIN/SPEX).
- Produces correlated 60⁰ gloss value for more accurate assessment of sample gloss in compliance with ASTM D523 and ISO 2813.
- With its embedded NetProfiler, manage performance and enable consistency across the supply chain regardless of where instruments are being used.
- Features data compatibility with X-Rite handheld spectrophotometers such as the Ci64 for ease of data exchange across the operation.
- LED membrane provides status and operation feedback with remote trigger and samples can be viewed and targeted with a sample arm for overall ease of use.
The Ci4200 is a reliable and accurate compact benchtop spectrophotometer that serves as the foundation for operations seeking to establish a color control program or those looking to improve an existing program that currently relies on non-spectral devices or visual inspection pass/fail methods. The result is a streamlined color workflow that delivers more accurate color performance.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.20 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||14mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
Gas-filled tungsten lamp
+ UV LEDs*
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||26.4cm, 19.0cm, 22.0cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||48cm, 33cm, 36cm|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Warm Up Time||None|
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV*|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|
|Service Indicator||Status panel|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable, UV cal standard*|
- Ci4100 Cleaning and General Maintenance
- Ci4100 & Ci4200 Software Compatability
- What is Metamerism?
- Measuring "True" Color; Should I use SCE or SCI?
You Might Also Like
For Quality Control and Quality Assurance
With Color iQC software, specifiers and suppliers achieve consistent color throughout the entire supply chain in a variety of industrial, print, and packaging workflows.
For Formulating Plastics, Coatings and Textiles
Color iMatch formula management and quality control software for plastics, paint, and textiles yields better matches in fewer steps and with fewer corrections.
VERSION 10 AVAILABLE NOW
For Verification and Optimization of Spectrophotometer Performance
X-Rite's NetProfiler is a cloud-based blend of software and color standards that perfects and reduces variance among color measurement devices.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic|
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds||≈ 2 seconds|