Model #: 504
Out of Production
The X-Rite 504 spectrodensitometer is an entry-level easy-to-use instrument with a rugged design that is ideal for use in the press room during makeready and production.
Ink Density Made Easy
X-Rite revolutionized spectrodensitometry with the first portable instruments, and the 500 Series became the industry standard for performance. The 504 spectrodensitometer has a handy targeting window that enables operators to pinpoint the measurement area to quickly get the right measurement every time using one of three standard measuring areas, or use the microspot measuring area for smaller targets. Its full menu commands in multiple languages and customizable menus make it easy to use even for less skilled operators.
The 504 spectrodensitometer features one-step calibration that only takes a few seconds for maximum uptime and accuracy. A built-in reminder prompts when calibration is needed. As needs grow and color measurement requirements become more sophisticated, the 504 spectrodensitometer offers an easy upgrade path that maintains the value of the investment. And its three-year warranty takes that investment protection to an even higher level.
- Measures any density status quickly and reliably, including Reflection Density (absolute or minus paper).
- Large display shows a choice of single, 3-color or 4-color density values for maximum flexibility.
- Unique ability to select from a range of measurement apertures, including microspot (1.6x3.2mm), small (2.0mm), medium (3.4mm) or large (6.0mm).
- Store density references and customer specifications to quickly determine whether density adjustments are required in printed output.
- Benefit from exceptional inter-instrument agreement for accurate and repeatable color across presses, shifts and locations.
The 504 spectrodensitometer’s rugged construction can stand up to even the most challenging press room environments. It produces exceptional inter-instrument agreement with a delta E of 0.01, or 1% for typical printing processes. You can trust your 504 spectrodensitometer to give you comparable measurements among multiple presses or printing sites, with suppliers, or between the customer and the printing facility. And its rechargeable battery pack ensures optimum uptime for the instrument.
|Short Term Repeatability - Density||
0.0 D – 2.0 D: ± 0.005 D*
2.0 D – 2.5 D: ± 0.01 D*
*Polarized Yellow, 0.0 D – 1.8 D: ± 0.01 D
Micro-Spot, 0.0 D – 1.8 D: ± 0.01 D
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.01 D or 1 %|
|Light Source||Gas Pressure @ 2856°|
|Measurement Conditions||M0, M2, or M3|
|Measurement Time||approx. 1.4 sec|
|Spectral Analyzer||DRS Technology, 24 point engine|
|Aperture||3.4 mm, 2 mm, 6 mm or 1.6 mm x 3.2 mm|
|Humidity||30% to 85% RH (non condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||
10°C to 35°C
50°F to 95°F
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||19.7 cm x 7.6 cm x 8.1 cm|
|Communication Interface||RS-232 serial interface|
|Languages Supported||Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Battery||Ni-MH battery pack|
|Warm Up Time||None|
|Density Range||0.0 D – 2.5 D; 0 – 160 % R|
|Density Standards||Status A, E, I, T, G, Tx, Ex, Hi-Fi|
|What's Included?||CD PLUS software and Installation Guide|
|Windows||Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10|
- Wrong Charger Error on 500 series
- Invalid Measure Error or Charging IssuesInvalid Measure Error
- Calibrating the 500 series instruments
- Charging Problems - Charge Battery, etc. 500 series
- Full Calibration on the 500's
You Might Also Like
The 508 spectrodensitometer is ideal for prepress and pressroom operators that wish to accurately and consistently measure ink density, dot area and dot gain for high quality printing.
Out of Production
Specifically designed for printers and packaging converters, the eXact Standard is the market leading spectrophotometer to validate the color of CMYK and spot color inks. It leverages job-based tools with industry color standards to increase press process control and connects with PantoneLIVE and NetProfiler to maximize color accuracy within the workflow.