Model #: ccn-cc
ColorCert Desktop Tools
For Quality Control in Print & Packaging
ColorCert Desktop Tools is a modular solution enabling accurate creation of color specifications and process control at multiple points throughout the packaging workflow.
Process Control for Packaging Workflows
Todays’ complex packaging workflows require specialized tools to ensure accurate, repeatable color, from job to job across the plant or around the globe. As the range of inks, printing technologies and substrates has expanded, so has the complexity of maintaining color and print quality across various shifts and sites. Printers and packaging converters must ensure color is right the first time, right every time, in order to gain and retain customers in an increasingly competitive environment.
ColorCert Desktop Tools is a collection of software modules that help printers and converters meet this challenge. Each is focused on specific elements of the workflow, from prepress and proofing, to the ink room and on press process control. ColorCert Desktop Tools allow:
- Creation of print specifications.
- Measurement and certification of proofs.
- Print process control on-press, in real-time.
- Ink room quality assurance and direct connectivity with InkFormulation Software, sending measurements taken on press to the ink room for evaluation and reformulation.
- The ColorCert Suite was purpose built for the packaging industry to enable definition of specifications to fit the needs of the packaging workflow, from spot color and CMYK to CMYK/OGV. It utilizes specialty packaging metrics such as ink strength, white ink opacity, and colorimetric dot gain to align metrics with common packaging practices.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools make it easy for both prepress and the pressroom to use the same ICC and CGATS profiles, align their efforts to the same expectation. They also connect process control with the ink room, sending press measurements directly to InkFormulation Software for reformulation as needed.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools can also integrate with inline/near line measurement systems such as ITX2 Pro, AVT Spectralab, and BST iPQ Spectral, providing for greater flexibility within your workflow.
- ColorCert Desktop Tools can retrieve information directly from MIS and other systems, as well as pass PDF metadata, and extensive automation capabilities for complete job assembly, for a streamlined, efficient job set-up and monitoring process.
- ColorCert Desktop tools allows converters to provide their brand owner customers with real-time ColorCert Scorecard data that confirms compliance with brand owner specifications including G7 and PSO guidelines, speeding approval processes and often eliminating the need for expensive and time consuming on-site press checks.
ColorCert Desktop Tools Include:
- ColorCert Inkroom: Used to evaluate color quality of inks based on jobs created in ColorCert Manager or self-created color standard definitions. Supports file formats such as ColorCert Assets, CxF and MIF, ICC Profiles, CGATS, and PantoneLIVE.
- ColorCert Pressroom: Used at press-side for process control. Load ColorCert Jobs or quickly set up new jobs based on templates created in ColorCert Manager using the Job Setup wizard. Includes Inkroom Tools to load ColorCert jobs, make quick checks and generate reports on individual ink colors. Its easy-to-use interface highlights areas that require attention, while providing guidance as to necessary corrective actions. This allows press operators to spend less time troubleshooting and more time maintaining and monitoring the press run.
- ColorCert Manager: The complete set of ColorCert Desktop Tools. ColorCert Manager is primarily used to develop ColorCert Jobs and maintain ColorCert Assets. Software modules include PressRoom Tools, QA Tools, Proofing Tools, Inkroom Tools, and ColorCert Editors.
|Available Disk Space||1GB or Greater|
|Color Differences||∆E, ΔEcmc, ΔE94, ΔE00, ΔDensity, ΔLab, ΔLCh, ΔCIE Whiteness, ∆Brightness (TAPPI452), ΔStrength (SUM), ΔStrength (WSUM), ΔStrength (XYZ Auto), ΔStrength (XYZ Mean K/S), ∆Opacity, ∆Gloss, ∆MBR, w∆L, w∆Ch, ∆TVI (Dot Gain)|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*(ab), CIE L*C*h*(uv), CIE XYZ, CIE xyY, CIE Luv|
|Configuration Options||Manager, Pressroom, Pressroom Essentials, Inkroom, QA|
|Databases||SQLite, MS SQL Server|
|Display Resolution||1400 x 900 (Minimum)|
|Illuminants||A, B, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11, UL35|
|Import/Export Format||CxF, MIF, XTF, CGATS, ICC|
|Internet Connection||Yes, Used for Activation (Offline Activation Available) and Communication to Repository Server, Scorecard Server, and PantoneLIVE. Proxy configuration is available within the software application preferences.|
|Languages Supported||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Finnish, Czech, Japanese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Vietnamese, and Korean|
|Macintosh||macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 11.0 (Big Sur)|
|Measurement Conditions||Reflectance, M0, M1, M2, M3, SPIN, SPEX|
|Observers||2 degree, 10 degree|
|Processor||1 GHz; 2 GHz Recommended|
|Security||System Administrator Rights Required for Installation Only|
|Supported Devices||eXact, Ci6x|
Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10; 32 or 64 Bit
- ColorCert Suite v3.6.9 Build 5
- CxFConnector v1.4.4b0
- ColorCert Backing Tile CCB File
- InfusePDF v1.2.1b2
- What CxF versions does ColorCert support?
- Where are ColorCert Preferences stored?
- When I get an updated version do I have to uninstall previous versions?
- What is the migration process from legacy software?
- What is included in the box?
Featured TrainingOnline Training / eLearning: See All Training
You Might Also Like
ColorCert Repository Server
For Print & Packaging Digital Asset Management and Distribution
The Repository Server is a secure, cloud-based portal for managing and deploying digital assets based on user type, location, brand, workflow stage or other parameters.
ColorCert ScoreCard Server
For Monitoring Quality Assurance in Print & Packaging
The ScoreCard Server is a cloud-based portal providing an overall view of print quality, summarizing quality levels and consolidating metrics filtered by a variety of criteria.
For Print & Packaging
With PantoneLIVE Production, leverage pure spectral values for spot colors throughout the production process to ensure accurate and repeatable color regardless of substrate, printing technology or ink types used.
- Pro Automated Scanning Solutions | X-Rite Webinar
- Take Ownership of Your Brand Color | X-Rite Webinar
- It's Not Easy Being Green (How to Achieve Accurate and Consistent Color) | X-Rite Packaging Webinar
- Color Process Control for Print and Packaging P| X-Rite Color Training and Education
- Print & Packaging Tools for Color Accuracy | X-Rite Webinar
- Build a Sustainable Brand PQP | X-Rite Webinar
- Tips to Deliver High Quality Prints through Formulation and Quality Control
- Tolerancing with QC Software | X-Rite Webinar
- Set, Score, Evaluate – Color Results Simplified
- Achieve Timely and Consistent Color in Packaging
- If You Can’t Measure It, You Can’t Manage It
- How To Produce Consistent Color Webinar | X-Rite
- How to Become More Color Successful When Printing Folding Carton Packaging | X-Rite Webinar
- X-Rite ColorCert Helps Asda Improve Packaging Color
- Global Beverage Company Regains Control of Their Brand Colors
- ASDA and Ultimate Packaging
- Multi-Site Packaging Converter Achieves a Better Score with ColorCert ScoreCard Server
- Coveris UKFC Partners with Asda to Implement ColorCert: X-Rite Edition
- X-Rite Solutions Help Perfetti Van Melle Improve Color Deviation and Align Their Supply Chain | X-Rite Case Study
- Bottle Packaging Company Improves Color with Print Quality Program | X-Rite Case Study
News and Events
Join X-Rite at INFOFLEX 2021 May 12-13 and May 18-20 in FTA’s Virtual Conference Center to learn about our packaging solutions.
Join us at virtual.drupa 2021 to learn about our integrated solutions and resources to help connect your color workflow and transform your business.