At K 2019, X-Rite Showcases Color Technology that Supports Digital Transformation in the Plastics Industry
X-Rite demonstrates end-to-end color management solutions that make it easy to digitally communicate, formulate, measure and control color and material appearance across the plastics supply chain.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., October 8, 2019 – X-Rite Incorporated and Pantone LLC, global leaders in color science and technology, will showcase the latest innovation in color management for the plastics industry at K 2019, October 16 – 23 in Dusseldorf, Germany. In Booth A73 Hall 8B, X-Rite will demonstrate a full range of solutions to support each step of the digital workflow from color communication, formulation, measurement, quality control and 3D visualization. In addition, X-Rite will participate in a presentation sponsored by Covestro on CMF (Color, Material, Finishing) design and moving from digital tools towards virtual material representations.“In the X-Rite booth, K Show attendees will have an opportunity to see our new MA-5 QC compact spectrophotometer for the measurement and control of metallic and effect finishes, the latest release of our Color iMatch formulation software, and our award-winning Virtual Light Booth for 3D material design and visualization,” said Antoine Preisig, VP and GM EMEA, X-Rite and Pantone. “These innovative solutions are ideal for today’s digital workflows and are specifically designed to improve manufacturing efficiencies, reduce waste and support sustainability efforts.”
X-Rite and Pantone solutions on display at K 2019 include:
- PantoneLIVE™ Production – Plastic, Coatings and Textile: PantoneLIVE is a cloud-based solution that supports color communication across the supply chain. It enables brands, plastic manufacturers and suppliers to access the official spectral color data from the Pantone Matching System (PMS) for plastics and coatings. This bridges the gap in digital color communication between brands and their suppliers allowing masterbatchers, compounders and molders to quickly and easily begin formulation for faster approval and production times.
- Color iMatch Formulation Software: Designed to accelerate color development for the plastics industry, the latest release of Color iMatch formulation software features a next generation match engine that delivers better color matches in fewer steps for faster formulation times, cost savings, and reduced waste for a more sustainable process.
- NEW MA-5 QC Multi-angle Spectrophotometer: Ideal for quality control of metallic and effect finishes used in automotive, appliance, plastics and consumer electronics industries, the MA-5 QC is 60 percent faster, 50 percent lighter, and 40 percent more compact than competitive devices on the market. It ensures color harmony across the supply chain and can be used to measure product parts on the production floor, in the lab, or in the field.
- Ci64 Spectrophotometer with the Cup & Cylinder Fixture: The combined solution of the Ci64 handheld color measurement instrument with the Cup and Cylinder fixture allows plastic manufacturers and package printers to easily measure and control color on plastic cups, bottles, tubes, and other curved surfaces without damaging the sample. This speeds overall measurement time and eliminates the need to cut or destroy samples. The Ci64 features simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
- Virtual Light Booth (VLB): To help industrial and packaging designers ensure consistency between digital prototypes and final physical products, the VLB is a complete 3D visualization environment for evaluating material appearance such as color, texture, gloss, transparency, special effects and reflection properties. It allows users to accurately and efficiently visualize and compare 3D digital material renderings side-by-side with physical samples under a variety of lighting conditions.
X-Rite Material Appearance Session Details
- Title: Digital customer experience for CMF (Color Material Finishing): From digital tools towards virtual material
- Speakers: Dr. Francis Lamy, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, X-Rite and Pantone; Clemens von Gizycki, CEO dreifom GmbH; and Dr. Christopher Stillings, Covestro
- Date and Time: October 22, 2019 from 17:00 - 17:30
- Location: Covestro Deutschland AG in booth A75-1 – A75-3 Hall
- To schedule a one-on-one meeting with an X-Rite Executive at K 2019, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PantoneLIVE is a cloud-based solution that enables the PANTONE Color language to be communicated and targeted for accurate color production across the entire supply chain – from design concept to final color production. The PantoneLIVE family includes PantoneLIVE Design, PantoneLIVE Production - Print & Packaging and PantoneLIVE Production – Plastic, Coatings and Textile. The different offerings are tailored to meet the specific needs of designers, color material suppliers and manufacturers working with paper, film, plastics, coatings and textiles. The PantoneLIVE family is supported by licensed hardware and software that enables each area of the packaging, plastic, coatings and textile supply chains to access spectral data for matching PANTONE® Colors and specific brand palettes. This results in consistent and repeatable color across product families, for a cohesive brand approach regardless of material, media or print technology. For more information, please visit www.pantone.com/live.
Founded in 1958, X-Rite Incorporated is a global leader in the science and technology of color and appearance. With Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Mich., with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite offers a full range of solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, photographers and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color and appearance throughout their processes. X-Rite products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com. For the latest news, information, connect with X-Rite on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Pantone provides the universal language of color that enables color-critical decisions through every stage of the workflow for brands and manufacturers. More than 10 million designers and producers around the world rely on Pantone products and services to help define, communicate and control color from inspiration to realization – leveraging advanced X-Rite technology to achieve color consistency across various materials and finishes for graphics, fashion and product design. Pantone Standards feature digital and physical color specification and workflow tools. The Pantone Color Institute™ provides customized color standards, brand identity and product color consulting as well as trend forecasting inclusive of Pantone Color of the Year, Fashion Runway Color Trend Reports, color psychology and more. Pantone B2B Licensing incorporates the Pantone Color System into different products and services, enabling licensees to communicate and reproduce certified Pantone values and improve efficiencies for their users. Pantone Lifestyle brings color and design together across apparel, home, and accessories. Learn more at www.pantone.com
# # #
©2019 X-Rite, Inc. All rights reserved. X-Rite is a registered trademark of X-Rite, Inc. PANTONE®, PantoneLIVE and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pantone is a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated. Licensed under Sun Chemical Corporation. Sun Chemical’s patented technology enables the communication of a consistent, digital description of the desired appearance of a product. U.S. Patent Nos. 7,034,960; 7,202,976; 7,268,918; 7,417,764; 7,738,149 and their foreign equivalents. © Pantone LLC, 2019. All rights reserved.