X-Rite Offers Free Color Theory Course and Educational Webinar Series
To support remote workers, X-Rite is offering its popular Color Theory class free for a limited time to anyone who works with or approves color.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., May 5, 2020 – X-Rite Incorporated and Pantone LLC, global leaders in color science and technology, today announced that its Color Theory eLearning Course is available free for a limited time. In an effort to support the growing number of remote workers who must review and approve color, the on-demand training explains the basics of color theory, color tolerances and sharing digital color standards. In addition, X-Rite is hosting a series of color management webinars designed to help attendees optimize their use of color measurement hardware and software.
“Due to COVID-19, many workers are now trying to design, specify, communicate, and ultimately achieve accurate color from remote locations or with less staff and fewer resources,” said Ondrej Kruk, President, X-Rite. “To do this, you need to understand color theory, communication and measurement. By making our eLearning course available for no charge, professionals in the plastics, textiles, paints & coatings, and print and packaging industries can learn tips and best practices for color management and keep production workflows moving forward during these challenging times.”
Free eLearning Courses
Taught by X-Rite Color Management Experts, these eLearning courses are engaging and interactive.
- Color Theory: Understanding the Numbers of Color – Free for a limited time, this six-module, on-demand training course explains the basics of color theory and how to communicate both color and color differences. It covers the physics of color, the role of lighting, spectrophotometers and color data, how to view color, and much more. This self-paced online course is available in 10 different languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and Japanese. In addition, attendees receive an X-Rite certificate upon completion for the course.
- Display Profiling – You need to start with accurate color to produce accurate color. This free eLearning course explains how to calibrate and profile your monitor so you can make accurate color decisions.
Free Webinars in May
Led by X-Rite Color Management Experts, these webinars range in length from 10 to 60 minutes and highlight how manufacturers and remote workers can maximize color management technology. Topics include:
- How to Scan Materials for 3D Rendering and Visualization – Speed approval processes using X-Rite’s virtual material service to scan your materials for color, texture, gloss and other surface appearance characteristics and turn them into an Appearance Exchange Format (AxF) file for use in 3D or rendering software.
- Dominant Texture Measurements – A demonstration on how quality control software used in conjunction with a multi-angle instrument can measure and digitally communicate color, sparkle and coarseness.
- An Introduction to the ColorCert Suite – A four-part series where attendees learn how to simplifies color communication between brands and print suppliers in order to manage precise color and print specifications.
The complete list of webinars and registration information is available at https://www.xrite.com/learning-color-education/webinars.
Founded in 1958, X-Rite Incorporated is a global leader in the science and technology of color and appearance. With Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Mich., with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite offers a full range of solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, photographers and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color and appearance throughout their processes. X-Rite products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com. For the latest news, information, connect with X-Rite on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Pantone provides the universal language of color that enables color-critical decisions through every stage of the workflow for brands and manufacturers. More than 10 million designers and producers around the world rely on Pantone products and services to help define, communicate and control color from inspiration to realization – leveraging advanced X-Rite technology to achieve color consistency across various materials and finishes for graphics, fashion and product design. Pantone Standards feature digital and physical color specification and workflow tools. The Pantone Color Institute™ provides customized color standards, brand identity and product color consulting as well as trend forecasting inclusive of Pantone Color of the Year, Fashion Runway Color Trend Reports, color psychology and more. Pantone B2B Licensing incorporates the Pantone Color System into different products and services, enabling licensees to communicate and reproduce certified Pantone values and improve efficiencies for their users. Pantone Lifestyle brings color and design together across apparel, home, and accessories. Learn more at www.pantone.com and connect with Pantone on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
# # #
©2020 X-Rite, Inc. All rights reserved. X-Rite is a registered trademark of X-Rite, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. PANTONE® and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC.