Measuring & Understanding Color for Print & Packaging
This course is designed to give you a solid understanding of the eXact and how to use it with X-Rite software.
You will work with an experienced X-Rite Color Expert and learn through hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Learn how to shorten make-ready time, lower consumable costs and increase ROI with color management equipment.
- Gain an understanding of process control best practices, the key concepts of the G7 methodology, and spot color management from Pantone.
- This course consists of hands-on demonstrations along with real world examples and a presentation booklet to takeaway key information.
If you are not completely satisfied with an X-Rite seminar, we will provide you with a training voucher to attend another future seminar.
14 days prior to event date 100% refund, 7 days prior to event date 50% refund, less than 7 days no refund will be given. In the event X-Rite needs to cancel the event you will received a 100% refund.
September 30, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EDT
Clemson University - Sonoco Institute
315 Harris A Smith Building
3rd Floor Auditorium
Clemson, SC, 29634
November 18, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM CST
Green Bay, WI
Delta Marriott Hotel Green Bay
2750 Ramada Way
Green Bay, WI 54304
Add To Cart
Who Should Attend?
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
This seminar is designed for:
- Quality Control & Assurance Professionals
- Lab Technicians
- Parts Suppliers
- Manufacturing Specifiers
- Anyone who evaluates or approves color
If you’re involved in any of these industries, you can’t miss this seminar.
Print, Packaging, and Industrial: ink, dyes, paper, plastics, textiles
- Building Products
- Food & Food Packaging
- Health & Beauty
Our Fundamentals of Color and Appearance seminar is the leading one-day educational course in the country. Suppliers and manufacturers nationwide have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards… and so can you!
- Knowledgeable Instructors
Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, printing, textiles, plastics and more.
- After the Seminar
After you’ve attended a seminar, you are encouraged to continue contacting us through your My X-Rite account for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
- Free Materials
As part of the seminar tour, all attendees will receive the Munsell Interactive Learning Kit and a Pantone gift free of charge.
- Exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance Book
All seminar attendees will also receive X-Rite’s exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance book. This industry acknowledged publication provides a logical and practical approach to solving color and appearance issues related to industrial applications.
eXact Deep Dive
- Basic measurements including density, dot gain, tone value, and trap
- Autopatch for process color workflows
- Comparison functions (Basic Compare and Search Tool) and tolerance settings
- Opacity and Metamerism Index
eXact Manager Deep Dive
- Standard creation with eXact Manager and transfer of standards to device for measurement
- Managing color libraries with eXact Manager
- Managing PantoneLIVE standards in eXact Manager and on the instrument
- Job template creation with eXact Manager
- Job Tools on the eXact, including G7
- Understanding what it is for and how it affects your workflow
- The process of profiling the eXact
- Review of spot color workflow with ColorCert QA Tools
- Review of process color workflow and scorecards with ColorCert Pressroom Tool, including tolerancing to Characterization Reference Print Conditions (CRPC)
Featured Product Used in Hands On Seminar
- Instruments: eXact
- Software: ColorCert
- This is a practical workshop focused on X-Rite instruments and software
You Might Also Like
This two-day Fundamentals of Print and Packaging workshop will teach print professionals how to implement measurement-based process control using the X-Rite eXact and software.
During this one-day event, industry-recognized color trainers will spend time reviewing the fundamentals of color.