Fundamentals Of Going Beyond Density
During this one-day event, industry-recognized color trainers will spend time reviewing the fundamentals of color.Find an Event
There are currently no session available for this training course.Please check back later or contact us for more information
Measuring and Understanding Color in Print Environment
Predictable, repeatable color starts with a consistent process. “Going Beyond Density” will teach you how to achieve optimal process control on your offset press, beyond the density of your solid inks, as well as tools and methodologies to help you move toward a more color controlled press environment.
This workshop includes hands-on exercises to allow you practice as you go and reinforce what you learn.
- Learn how to shorten make-ready time, lower consumable costs and increase ROI with color management equipment.
- Gain an understanding of process control best practices, the key concepts of the G7 methodology, and spot color management from Pantone.
- This course consists of hands-on demonstrations along with real world examples and a presentation booklet to takeaway key information.
If you are not completely satisfied with an X-Rite seminar, we will provide you with a training voucher to attend another future seminar.
14 days prior to event date 100% refund, 7 days prior to event date 50% refund, less than 7 days no refund will be given. In the event X-Rite needs to cancel the event you will received a 100% refund.
Who Should Attend?
- Press operators, quality assurance or quality control managers, production supervisors, and prepress professionals looking to better understand how to improve efficiencies in the pressroom. Additionally, if you're working with an X-Rite eXact and/or Color iQC Print, this is the course for you.
- Our Fundamentals of Color seminar is the leading one-day educational course in the country. Benefiting from the following course tools, suppliers and manufacturers, nationwide, have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards.
- Knowledgeable Instructors
- Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, printing, textiles, plastics and more.
- After the Seminar
- After you’ve attended a seminar, you are encouraged to continue contacting us through your My X-Rite account for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
- Free Materials
- As part of the seminar tour, all attendees will receive the Munsell Interactive Learning Kit and a Pantone gift free of charge.
- Product Discounts
- Participants will receive a 10% discount voucher that is valid until December 31, 2018. The voucher cannot exceed $500.00 off a purchase.
- Knowledgeable Instructors
Introduction to Color and Printing
- The science of color and appearance
- Eye mechanism; includes a color vision test and detection of chromatic anomalies
- Communication of colorimetric information
- Quantification of light sources, color temperatures and illuminants
- Interpretation of spectral reflectance
- The different chromatic models: additive, subtractive and mixed
- Understanding of the CIE color system
- Difference between densitometers, colorimeters, and spectrophotometers
- The concept of metamerism
- What instrument to use and when
- Understanding the M-Factors
Fundamentals of Print Process Control
- Understanding what process control is
- Overview of process control for creatives and prepress
- Communicating color digitally – CxF and PDF
- Qualifications and standards including G7, CRPCs and what are the printing aims
- Pressroom process control
- Digital printing process control
- Lighting for visual assessment
- Spot color process control including PantoneLIVE and best practices for sample measurement
- Instrument alignment and calibration
- Benefits of Ink Formulation in the workflow
You Might Also Like
Attend this two-day workshop including both the Fundamentals of Color and Instrumentation Seminars.
This FOCA onsite teaches you how to analyze and implement a reliable color quality program.