Model #: 508
The 508 spectrodensitometer is ideal for prepress and pressroom operators that wish to accurately and consistently measure ink density, dot area and dot gain for high quality printing.
When Density Alone Isn’t Enough
Measuring ink film thickness, or density, is a key quality control process in prepress and the press room. But sometimes density alone isn’t enough. The X-Rite 508 spectrodensitometer accurately measures ink density but also measures dot area and dot gain to gather more data about the quality of printed output and enable timely adjustments during makeready and production.
The 508 spectrodensitometer has a handy targeting window that enables operators to pinpoint the measurement area to quickly get the right measurement every time using one of three standard measuring areas, or use the microspot measuring area for smaller targets. Its full menu commands in multiple languages and customizable menus make it easy to use even for less skilled operators.
- Measures any density status quickly and reliably, as well as dot area and dot gain to provide full density information for optimum stability throughout the press run.
- Large display shows a choice of single, 3-color or 4-color density values for maximum flexibility.
- Unique ability to select from a range of measurement apertures, including microspot (1.6x3.2mm), small (2.0mm), medium (3.4mm) or large (6.0mm).
- Store density references and customer specifications to quickly determine whether density adjustments are required in printed output.
- Benefit from exceptional inter-instrument agreement for accurate and repeatable color across presses, shifts and locations.
The 508 spectrodensitometer’s rugged construction can stand up to even the most challenging press room environments. It produces exceptional inter-instrument agreement with a delta E of 0.01, or 1% for typical printing processes. You can trust your 508 spectrodensitometer to give you comparable measurements among multiple presses or printing sites, with suppliers, or between the customer and the printing facility. And its rechargeable battery pack ensures optimum uptime for the instrument.
|Short Term Repeatability - Density||
0.0 D – 2.0 D: ± 0.005 D*
2.0 D – 2.5 D: ± 0.01 D*
*Polarized Yellow, 0.0 D – 1.8 D: ± 0.01 D
Micro-Spot, 0.0 D – 1.8 D: ± 0.01 D
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.01 D or 1 %|
|Light Source||Gas Pressure @ 2856°|
|Measurement Conditions||M0, M2, or M3|
|Measurement Time||approx. 1.4 sec|
|Spectral Analyzer||DRS Technology, 24 point engine|
|Aperture||3.4 mm, 2 mm, 6 mm or 1.6 mm x 3.2 mm|
|Humidity||30% to 85% RH (non condensing)|
|Operating Temperature Range||
10°C to 35°C
50°F to 95°F
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||
19.7 cm x 7.6 cm x 8.1 cm
7.8" x 3.0" x 3.2"
|Communication Interface||RS-232 serial interface|
|Languages Supported||Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish|
|Software Development Kit||Yes|
|Battery||Ni-MH battery pack|
|Warm Up Time||None|
|Density Range||0.0 D – 2.5 D; 0 – 160 % R|
|Density Standards||Status A, E, I, T, G, Tx, Ex, Hi-Fi|
|What's Included?||calibration ceference, manual, power supply, carrying case, device certificate|
- Calibrating the 500 series instruments
- Chrarging Problems - Charge Battery, etc. 500 series
- Full Calibration on the 500's
You Might Also Like
Next generation handheld color measurement solution for understanding, controlling, managing and communicating color across the entire color workflow, avoiding reprints and rework.
Handheld spectrophotometer used for both spot measurement and scans to better understand, control, manage and communicate color across the entire workflow, avoiding reprints and rework.