Fundamentals of Color and Appearance
A Practical Approach To Understanding & Managing Color Quality
This one-day seminar is built for quality control & assurance professionals, lab technicians, parts suppliers, manufacturing specifiers, or anyone who evaluates or approves color.
You’ll walk away with a solid foundation in color and appearance science. From the physics of color to lighting, spectrophotometers and color data, we will teach you how to measure, view and understand color data.
Taught by X-Rite color experts, the seminar is fun, easy to understand and applicable to nearly every industry and business. Through engaging presentations and live demonstrations, you will learn how to control color more effectively within your own organization and throughout your supply chain.
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries, including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
If you are not completely satisfied with an X-Rite seminar, we will provide you with a training voucher to attend another future seminar.Cancellation Policy: 21 days prior to event date 100% refund, 14 days prior to event date 50% refund, less than 14 days no refund will be given.
Who Should Attend?
The course requires no prior color training and will address color control for a variety of industries including retail and apparel brands, business and consumer electronics, automotive, packaging and their related industries in plastics, coatings and textile manufacturing.
This seminar is designed for:
- Quality Control & Assurance Professionals
- Lab Technicians
- Parts Suppliers
- Manufacturing Specifiers
- Anyone who evaluates or approves color
If you’re involved in any of these industries, you can’t miss this seminar.
Print, Packaging, and Industrial: ink, dyes, paper, plastics, textiles
- Building Products
- Food & Food Packaging
- Health & Beauty
Our Fundamentals of Color and Appearance seminar is the leading one-day educational course in the country. Suppliers and manufacturers nationwide have utilized the information presented to establish color quality standards… and so can you!
- Knowledgeable Instructors
Our team of speakers and instructors are considered to be industry leaders and have accumulated years of hands-on practical experience and expertise in their respective fields. You’ll learn from experts in areas such as color management, printing, textiles, plastics and more.
- After the Seminar
After you’ve attended a seminar, you are encouraged to continue contacting us through your My X-Rite account for additional information or answers to technical questions. Our team will promptly respond to all requests.
- Free Munsell Interactive Learning Kit
As part of the seminar tour, all attendees will receive the Munsell Interactive Learning Kit free of charge.
- Exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance Book
All seminar attendees will also receive X-Rite’s exclusive Fundamentals of Color and Appearance book. This industry acknowledged publication provides a logical and practical approach to solving color and appearance issues related to industrial applications.
- Product Drawings & Discounts
Attendees will be entered into a sweepstake to win one of the following: Judge QC light booth, Munsell Hue Test, or a copy of software (ColorMaster QAII, Color iQC Professional, or X-Color QC). Participants will also receive a 10% discount voucher that is valid until December 31, 2017. The voucher cannot exceed $500.00 off a purchase.
Introduction to Color and Appearance:
- The science of color and appearance
- The color models – additive, subtractive, and mixed
- How the eye works; including testing color vision and deficiencies
- Communicating color information
- Understanding the CIE system of color
- Interpreting spectral reflectance
- Quantifying light sources, color temperatures and illuminants
- The difference between colorimeters and spectrophotometers
- Light sources and UV in instruments
- Viewing angles, sphere, and diffraction grating
- Instrument repeatability and reproducibility
Visual Quality Control:
- Visual and instrumental color assessment
- Getting the right viewing conditions and light source
- Understanding metamerism
Instrumental Quality Control:
- Deploying enterprise-wide color management and color policies
- Physical and numerical standards
- Pass/fail analysis
- Limitations of color measurement systems
New York City, NY
San Diego, CA
St. Louis, MO
Valley Forge, PA
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia
1100 Drummers Lane
Wayne , PA 19087