Model #: plv-des
PantoneLIVE Design gives designers and prepress teams access to Pantone digital color libraries as well as private brand color libraries and for use during the inspiration, creation and prepress phases.
Digital Color Standards and Communication
PantoneLIVE Design enables designers to define, create and communicate color palettes based on specific substrates, print processes, inks and application methods. These colors can be shared with the production supply chain utilizing a cloud-based repository. Brand integrity and design intent are assured across a variety of print surfaces, production processes, departments and geographies delivering expected results.
- Select colors that are achievable across all desired substrates
- Eliminate ambiguity in communicating color
- Improve visibility to performance across an increasingly complex supply chain
- Get to final approved color faster
- Access to 4,518 up-to-date Pantone colors.
- Assess spot color appearance when applied to different packaging materials and printing processes.
- Substitute spot colors in design file to improve production outcomes.
Compare Design with Realistic Color Appearance with PantoneLIVE Viewer
Create a side-by-side comparison of your design file as it would appear upon output when printed as a PMS spot color or a PMS color on 28 common packaging materials.
Pantone Tolerance Guides
Physical color standard custom printed to provide a visual LAB reference of tolerance for any given brand color.
Pantone Simulator Prints
- Save time, money, and rework by showing how colors will appear on the most common packaging materials before artwork goes into production.
- Communicate color intent internally or share with production partners to eliminate color risk earlier in the workflow.
Pantone Physical Color Guides
The best-selling color standards in the world, used for design inspiration, color specification, and printing accuracy.
PANTONE®, PantoneLIVE and other Pantone trademarks are the property of Pantone LLC. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pantone is a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated. Licensed under Sun Chemical Corporation. Sun Chemical’s patented technology enables the communication of a consistent, digital description of the desired appearance of a product. – [U.S. Patent Nos. 7,034,960; 7,202,976; 7,268,918; 7,417,764 and their foreign equivalents]. © Pantone LLC, 2017. All rights reserved.
|Available Disk Space||1GB|
|Color Spaces||CIE L*a*b*, CIE L*C*h*(ab), CIE L*C*h*(uv), CIE XYZ, CIE xyY, CIE, Luv|
|Compatible Android Devices||None|
|Compatible iOS Devices||None|
|Configuration Options||Design, Production, Product & Textile|
|Experience Level||Beginner to Advanced|
|Illuminants||A, B, C, D50, D55, D65, D75, F2, F7, F11|
|Internet Connection||Yes, for cloud synchronization|
|Measurement Conditions||SCI/SCE, M0|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||No|
|Observers||2 degree, 10 degree|
|Supported Devices||eXact, eXact Scan, eXact XP, Ci62, Ci64, Ci64, Ci7x00 family, Intellitrax 2, SP62, SP64, SpectroEye|
|What's Included?||Installation Instructions, Training Videos, Product Support|
- As a package designer, how would PantoneLIVE be useful to me?
- Does Viewer work in conjunction with monitor calibration?
- Complimentary eLearning Courses for Users of Color iQC, IFS6, and Adobe Plugins
- How is ColorBook different from ColorBook and Viewer?
- PantoneLIVE license fails after upgrade to Adobe plugin
A world-renowned consumer products company with a large brand portfolio has been able to get its products to market 4 times faster with X-Rite Pantone Color Management Solutions.
Read this case study to learn how this leading global company is using X-Rite Pantone solutions to achieve results you can actually see, and deliver in your next report out.
"Physical and digital references are both an important part of the process, they are complementary to each other."
You Might Also Like
News and Events
At Packaging That Sells 2017, Laurie Pressman, VP of Pantone Color Institute and Cindy Cooperman, Global Director of Brands, will deliver a can’t-miss presentation on using color to enhance your brand recognition and packaging.
Come see the global leader in color science and technology X-Rite Pantone in Esko’s booth #1321 or IT Supply booth #1202!
Come see the global leader in color science and technology X-Rite Pantone at tabletop #220 to learn how our solutions help you lower quality control costs, reduce time to market, and take the guesswork out of color.