Q - What is meant by “measuring conditions” or “measuring parameters”?
A - “Measuring conditions” include all parameters that might have affect on the resulting data. These include but are not limited to such things as:
- Measurement geometry of the spectrophotometer ( 0/45, 45/0, diffuse D8, etc. )
- Physical filters ( None, Polarization, UV, etc. )
- Aperture size
- Observer angle ( either 2° or 10° )
- Illuminant ( C, D50, d65, F2, F11, etc )
- Sample backing ( if sample is not completely opaque )
- Sample thickness ( if sample is transparent or translucent )
- Sample Gloss
- Color space calculations ( L*a*b* or L*C*h° )
- Color difference calculations ( dE, dECMC, dE2000 )
- Secondary illuminant if measuring metamerism
All these parameters above must be the same during your comparisons, recipe formulation etc.