Model #: ci64-xr
The Ci64, X-Rite’s most precise handheld sphere spectrophotometer, is available in three models: with simultaneous SPIN/SPEX, correlated gloss, and a UV option.
Consistent Color for Improved Profitability
Consistent color improves profitability. Inconsistencies can occur between customer specification and final production as well as from batch to batch. Customers demand consistent color, yet to establish a more compelling presence in a crowded marketplace, they are using more metallics, special effect finishes and textures to help their products stand out. These materials and finishes add value to products and packaging. But they are also more expensive, making consistent color management and an effective quality control program a must in order to reduce waste and rework.
The Ci64’s large high-resolution color screen, Graphical Jobs™ interface* and configurable menus make it fast and easy for users to understand color measurement procedures, bring consistency to measurement processes and quickly view measurement data. The Ci64’s flip shoe mechanism adds flexibility and makes it easy to measure difficult-to-reach areas. And a simple lock button ensures that mistakes are not made during quality checks. Add the UV option if samples include optical brightening agents.
- Accurately measure reflective or uneven surfaces or materials including optical brightening agents for a wide variety of products and packaging types.
- Ensure a color quality audit trail across multiple devices and locations to ensure consistent color and brand integrity in a supply chain.
- Access up to 4,000 reference samples stored in the device for fast access to existing data.
- Increase instrument up-time with optional dual-bay charging to use the Ci64 while charging the second battery.
- Remotely ascertain and optimize with NetProfiler -With NetProfiler, users can apply corrections to improve measurement performance, with or without a PC connection.
The Ci64 is available in three models. All three support simultaneous SPIN/SPEX output and Correlated Gloss measurements and have embedded NetProfiler support. Choose from:
- The Ci64 with switchable 4mm and 8mm measurement apertures;
- The Ci64L, featuring a 14mm measurement aperture for measuring larger samples; or
- The Ci64UV, with switchable 4mm and 8mm measurement apertures and both Tungsten and UV LED illumination
A remote measurement trigger allows operators to initiate hands-free measurement. USB and Bluetooth** connectivity are available.
** Bluetooth available in compliant countries only (CE, USA, Canada, China, India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan)
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.04 ΔE*ab on white ceramic|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.13 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||20mm or 14mm and 6.5mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
Gas-filled tungsten lamp
+ UV LEDs*
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Spot||14mm or 8mm and 4mm|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Color Differences||[√/X], Δecmc, Δlab, ΔE00, Δreflectance, ΔE94, ΔXYZ, ΔL*a*b*, ΔYxy, , ΔL*C*h°, ΔL*u*v*, Verbal Difference|
|Color Spaces||Lab, L*a*b*, Reflectance, L*C*h°, Munsell Notation, XYZ, Yxy, L*u*v*|
|Illuminants||A, C, D50, D65, F2, F7, F11 & F12|
|Observers||2° & 10°|
|Standard Indices||[√/X], YI1925, WI Taube, ΔWI73, Reflectance, WI98, MI, Δreflectance, ΔWI Berger, WI73, MI6172, ΔYI98, ΔWI Hunter, Gray Scale, WI Berger, Gloss, ΔYI73, ΔWI Stensby, YI98, WI Hunter, ΔYI1925, ΔWI Taube, YI73, WI Stensby, ΔWI98, Averging, 555 Shade Sort|
|Reflectance Aperture(s)||1 or dual|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||21.3 cm 9.1 cm 10.9 cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||51cm, 20cm, 41cm|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0, Bluetooth*|
|Instrument Display||Backlit Color Graphic LCD|
|Languages Supported||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean, and Japanese|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
1000 measurements (non-UV)
@ 10 sec intervals
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV*|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|PantoneLIVE Support||Via software|
|Pass / Fail||Yes|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable, carry case, UV cal standard*|
- Software Support for the Ci6x series
- Ci6x appears not to power up
- Measuring "True" Color; Should I use SCE or SCI?
- Inaccurate readings
Inkk offers a unique service that allows creation of custom nail polish colors to match a color found in a dress, a car or any other inspirational item based on a submitted image.
Ultimate Textile was looking for the next generation in handheld devices to ensure the continued delivery of the highest quality dyed fabrics to its customers.
You Might Also Like
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
Color iMatch is a job-oriented color formulation solution for paint, plastics and textiles, enabling fast, accurate color analysis and colorant formulation for a variety of applications.
- Don’t Let Optical Brightening Agents Alter Your Color Accuracy
- Color Evaluation Solutions in Product Manufacturing
- End-to-End Solutions for Color Consistency
- The Future of Color Management for Textiles
- Achieve Timely and Consistent Color in Packaging
- How Color Standards Can Improve Profitability
- Fast Track to Improved Color for Brand Owners
- How to Measure Unusual Objects
- How to Quality Check Formulated and Built Colors
- How to Improve Color Quality and Efficiency with Label Printing
- Conquer Consistency
News and Events
The 2018 Color Management Conference is the event to learn everything there is to know about doing color right. Our top color experts will be presenting key and actionable insights that will help you finally get color right in 2018.