Model #: ci4200
The Ci4200 is an easy-to-use compact benchtop sphere spectrophotometer that, combined with Color QC and Formulation software, supports an evolving color management program.
Setting a new standard for color performance
In a competitive marketplace, there is increasing pressure to improve color quality in the lab and in manufacturing to reduce rework due to errors and to deliver a faster time to market. The Ci4200 is an affordable benchtop spectrophotometer for small to medium-sized manufacturers across a variety of industries who are aspiring to implement a higher degree of color formulation and color quality control in their product development and production processes. When combined with a tiered offering of Color QC and Formulation software applications, it scales to support an evolving color program.
The advanced Ci4200UV adds the capability of self-calibrating UV illumination to accommodate evaluation of the effect of optical brightening and fluorescing agents that cause color to shift under different lighting conditions.
- Using standard measurement methods, immediately identify variances in color and gloss to ensure accurate color readings or to verify visual inspection (SPIN/SPEX).
- Produces correlated 60⁰ gloss value for more accurate assessment of sample gloss in compliance with ASTM D523 and ISO 2813.
- With its embedded NetProfiler, manage performance and enable consistency across the supply chain regardless of where instruments are being used.
- Features data compatibility with X-Rite handheld spectrophotometers such as the Ci64 for ease of data exchange across the operation.
- LED membrane provides status and operation feedback with remote trigger and samples can be viewed and targeted with a sample arm for overall ease of use.
The Ci4200 is a reliable and accurate compact benchtop spectrophotometer that serves as the foundation for operations seeking to establish a color control program or those looking to improve an existing program that currently relies on non-spectral devices or visual inspection pass/fail methods. The result is a streamlined color workflow that delivers more accurate color performance.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic|
|Inter-Instrument Agreement||0.20 ΔE*ab avg.|
|Illumination Spot Size||14mm|
|Lamp Life||Approx. 500,000 measurements|
Gas-filled tungsten lamp
+ UV LEDs*
|Measurement Cycle Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds|
|Photometric Range||0 to 200%|
|Spectral Analyzer||Blue-enhanced silicon photodiodes|
|Humidity||5% to 85%, non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature Range||50° to 104°F (10° to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature Range||'-4° to 122°F (-20° to 50°C)|
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||26.4cm, 19.0cm, 22.0cm|
|Package Dimensions (length, width, height)||48cm, 33cm, 36cm|
|Communication Interface||USB 2.0|
|Software Development Kit||XDS4|
12VDC @ 2.5A
|Warm Up Time||None|
|Calibration||White, Zero, UV*|
|Embedded NetProfiler Support||Yes|
|Sample Preview||Targeting window|
|Service Indicator||Status panel|
|What's Included?||Instrument with white calibration standard, black trap, green standard, manual(CD), AC adapter, USB cable, UV cal standard*|
- Ci4100 & Ci4200 Software Compatability
- What is Metamerism?
- Measuring "True" Color; Should I use SCE or SCI?
- Visible Spectrum
You Might Also Like
Quality Assurance Software
Color iQC is a unique, job-oriented upgradeable color quality control solution designed to meet evolving color measurement and management requirements in all industrial market segments.
Color iMatch is a job-oriented color formulation solution for paint, plastics and textiles, enabling fast, accurate color analysis and colorant formulation for a variety of applications.
|Short Term Repeatability - White||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic||.05 ΔE*ab on white ceramic|
|Short Term Repeatability - Blue|
|Measurement Time||≈ 2 seconds||≈ 2 seconds||≈ 2 seconds|