REPLACING THE READ LAMP (PART NUMBER 880-07)NOTICE: New lamp may appear bent, DO NOT attempt to straighten or handle the lamp
1. Remove four screws securing the bottom cover with a phillips
screwdriver. Leave bottom cover on the unit.
2. Holding top and bottom covers in place, turn unit over so it rests
on the bottom cover. Remove top cover.
3. Locate optics assembly and remove screw and washer in the
middle of lamp assembly P.C.B..
4. Lift out old lamp assembly and discard.
5. Install new lamp (don't touch bulb) assembly by carefully inserting lamp into
housing and lamp pins into lamp connector. Press down gently to
make sure connector pins are properly seated.
6. Secure lamp screw and washer in place.
7. Carefully clean any dust or plastic chips off circuit board and top cover
using moisture free compressed air. Place top cover back on instrument.
8. Holding top and bottom covers in place, turn unit over so that it rests on
9. Secure bottom cover to instrument with four screws using a
10. Recalibrate unit before using with a current cal strip, 880-100 (less than 18 months old).