X-Rite Pantone Opens New Color Lab in Shanghai
Shanghai, China, September 9, 2016 – X-Rite Incorporated, a global leader in color science and technology, and its subsidiary Pantone LLC, today announced the opening of its first Color Lab in Shanghai. The new interactive Color Lab showcases how customers across different industries can leverage X-Rite Pantone solutions to achieve accurate color throughout their entire supply chain, from design inspiration to final product. During today’s grand opening celebration, X-Rite welcomed customers from across China to discuss color management challenges facing a variety of industrial and print and packaging market segments.
“Color helps to differentiate products and is one of the top attributes in a customer’s buying decision,” said Elton Pan, General Manager, X-Rite Pantone Greater China. “For many Chinese businesses, there is an opportunity to leverage color management solutions as a market differentiator. Catering to the mega trend of elevating consumer demands rather than competing on lower costs is an imperative for many companies to survive in this most dynamic and competitive market. Our new Color Lab is designed to help companies across China implement best practices for communicating and managing color in order to deliver a superior product while creating operational efficiencies. The Lab will serve an important market need to educate customers and demonstrate the value of getting color right the first time and every time.”
Visitors to the X-Rite Pantone Color Lab in Shanghai will be able to focus on their specific areas of interest, including:
- Creative Design – the latest PANTONE® and Munsell solutions to help designers in the creative process and accurately communicate color inspirations.
- Prepress & Print Quality Control – end-to-end hardware and software solutions that communicate color across the entire production platform and can automate many manual operations.
- Visual Evaluation – controlled lighting solutions for a color-managed workflow to ensure an accurate viewing environment.
- Color Formulation – accurately and consistently formulate ink or other colorants for more efficiency, improving material handling, and eliminating waste.
- Inline Quality Control – solutions to monitor color inline during production helps detect color drift and correct it before it is visible to the human eye.
- Production Set-Up & Process/Quality Control – a range of quality and process control solutions to help with the evaluation of incoming raw materials and final products to ensure customer specifications are met, reducing rejections and rework due to inaccurate color.
Visitors to the Color Lab will also learn how X-Rite Pantone professional services, training and certification programs can raise the level of color knowledge and expertise within their organizations, rapidly bringing staff up to speed on the proper use and care of color measurement and management instrumentation and software solutions.
The new Color Lab is located at 2/F, Building #2, IBP Phase 2, 518 Fuquan North Road, Changing District, Shanghai, China.
Customers in Asia can request a free color management demonstration and testing on real samples with an X-Rite Pantone expert by visiting http://china.xrite.cn/color-lab.
For more information about X-Rite solutions, please visit: www.xrite.cn.
Founded in 1958, X-Rite Incorporated is a global leader in color science and technology. With its wholly owned subsidiary Pantone, X-Rite employs more than 800 people in 11 countries. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Grand Rapids, Mich., with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia and service centers across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the Americas. X-Rite Pantone offers a full range of color management solutions used by manufacturers, retailers, printers, photographers and graphic design houses to achieve precise management and communication of color throughout their processes. X-Rite Pantone products and services are recognized standards in the printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles and medical industries. For further information, please visit www.xrite.com. For the latest news, information and conversations, connect with X-Rite on LinkedIn, Vimeo, Twitter, and Facebook.
Pantone LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of X-Rite, Incorporated, has been the world’s color authority for nearly 50 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone also offers paint and designer-inspired products and services for consumers. More information is available at www.pantone.com. For the latest news, trends, information and conversations, connect with Pantone on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.