Model #: 341c
The 341C Portable Transmission Densitometer is a completely self-contained, compact and economical handheld instrument capable of measuring densities greater than 5.0D.
Film Densities at Your Fingertips
The 341C Portable Transmission Densitometer concentrates the best features of a tabletop densitometer in a compact, portable, and economical hand-held unit. The 341C was designed as a completely self-contained instrument able to take measurements anywhere you need.
The X-Rite 341C includes a calibrated, internal light source. It meets global standards for geometry of a transmission densitometer, including proper diffusion of the light source, enabling true measurement values. The 341C measures density and dot area with extraordinary accuracy — in fact, it's capable of measuring densities greater than 5.0D.
- Easy-to-read touchpad for efficient operation.
- 2m and 3mm apertures are standard.
- Delivers 1,000+ measurements on a single charge of its NiMH battery; LED light indicates instrument charging status.
- Built-in light table and calibrated internal light source for the ultimate in an all-in-one portable handheld instrument.
- Dot Area function verifies screen tint values from contact films, duplicate films, or originals.
The ENERGY STAR rated 341C includes a calibration reference that is traceable to ISO standards for transmission densitometry. Measures density (greater than 5.0D) and dot area on conventional or high-density linear films; verifies the Dmax of films; measures solid and screened areas of images on film.
|Short Term Repeatability - Density||
2 mm and 3 mm aperture:
0.0 D to 4.0 D: ± 0.01 D
3 mm aperture:
4.0 D to 5.0 D: ± 1 %
|Measurement Geometry||Per ANSI PH 2.19, ISO 5/2|
2mm and 3mm aperture:
0 to 4.0 D: ± 0.02 D
4.0 D to 5.0 D: ± 2 %
|Aperture||2 mm and 3 mm|
|Humidity||30% to 76% RH|
|Operating Temperature Range||
10°C to 40°C
50°F to 104°F
|Storage Temperature Range||
'-20° to 50°C
-4° to 122°F
|Dimensions (length, width, height)||17.8 cm x 7.5 cm x 5.1 cm|
|Communication Interface||RS-232 serial interface|
|Battery Life||> 1000 Measurements|
|Voltage||12 VDC @ 1.2 A|
|Warm Up Time||None|
0.0 D to > 5.0 D
0% to 100%
|Density Standards||ANSI Visual|
|Industry Standards||ISO 5-2, ANSI PH2.19|
|What's Included?||transmission reference, calibration screwdriver, operation manual, power supply, device certificate|
- Power Supply 331C and 341C
- Common Parts 331, 341, 331C & 341C
- 331C and 331 power supply differences
- Calibrating a 331C, 341C
- Nulling Problems 331/341