Programming a SpectraLight III to Sequence Light Sources
The SpectraLight III can be programmed to power a sequence of light sources, each for a specified period of time. The program is helpful if you want to view a sample under several light sources in succession and focus on the sample’s appearance rather than operating the front panel.
1) Press and hold the Set/Save button until PGM: appears in the front panel display.
2) Press and hold the light source button for the first source in the sequence. Hold the button for the number of seconds the source should be powered in the sequence and then release.
3) Seconds= ## appears in the front panel display. ## indicates the number of seconds the button has been held.
For example, if you press and hold the Cool White button for three seconds, Seconds=03 will appear in the display.
4) PGM: XX will appears in the display. XX indicates the light source you selected. For example, PGM: CW indicates that Cool White Fluorescent is the first source in the sequence.
5) Repeat step 2 for the next light source in the sequence.
6) PGM: XX YY will appear in the display. YY indicates the second light source in the sequence.
For example: PGM: CW HR indicates that Cool White Fluorescent is the first source and Horizon is the second source in the sequence.
7) Repeat step 2 for the remaining light sources in the sequence.
8) Press the Set/Save Button to save the program. Program Saved will appear in the display. You are finished.
To change the program at any time, repeat the above sequence of steps. Any previous program will be erased.
To run the program, press the Run button. The SpectraLight III will run the program. The sources are powered in the sequence you programmed. The program continually runs until you press the Source Off button.
Questions? Need a Quote? Contact Us. 1.800.248.9748