When you get an i1 device, it will come with an installation disk. This FAQ is designed to explain what software you will find, and the tasks they perform.Depending upon the system you purchased, your i1 is designed to run at least one of these programs:
- i1Match 3.6.2 (PC), 3.6.3(MAC)
- ProfileMaker 5 (i1 Pro Bundle only) for profiling
And these Utility Programs:
- i1Share 1.4, an unsupported freeware program for color evaluation (i1Share will not function on Windows 7, Mac 10.6 and 10.7)
- i1Diagnostics 2.5.1, for checking i1 spectrophotometers. (This program is not useful for i1Display2/LT colorimeters)
- i1ColorPoint. This program is designed to add monitor color profiling for Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for Windows PC's only. It will not add ICC monitor profiling compatibility for other Microsoft PC applications.
DOWNLOADING THE INSTALLER(S)
The latest versions of these programs are available for free download from www.xrite.com. Before installing your i1 system, we recommend you download the latest version of the program, which may be more recent than the one on your application CD.
Before installing the program, make sure your i1 instrument is *not* connected to the computer. The installer will automatically place the necessary i1 instrument driver on your system. This driver is necessary for the computer to connect to the i1. After installing the software, you should be able to plug your instrument into a USB port and have it be recognized by the computer.
The installer is downloaded in compressed format and will automatically decompress if your system has a decompression utility. If not you may download Aladdin's free StuffIt Expander utility (Mac & Windows) from www.allume.com to decompress the installer.
Once decompressed, double-click the installer to install the programs you want to use.
SOFTWARE DONGLES (Program Activation Device)
To run i1Match, you must have your i1 instrument connected to the computer. Systems that use i1Match are licensed through an internal copy-protection "dongle" inside the instrument. If there are i1Match modules not licensed on your system, they can be purchased separately. Optional modules are installed via an alphanumeric license key using i1Diagnostics.
If you have an i1Pro Bundle, this system is licensed to run ProfileMaker 5 through an external USB dongle. These systems are not licensed to run i1 Match, but can run i1Share and i1Diagnostics. (i1Share will not function on Windows 7, Mac 10.6 and 10.7)
i1Display2/LT can only use the Monitor module of i1Match. The Display instrument is only for profiling monitors; it cannot read reflective readings and therefore cannot be used to profile printers.
Questions? Need a Quote? Contact Us. 1.800.248.9748