i1Pro or i1Display2/LT Not Recognized by Windows PC
If you connect your i1 device to your Windows PC computer before installing the X-Rite application program you intend to use the device with, you will often encounter an error condition. Typically this will be seen when you open the X-Rite program (i1Match, i1Diagnostics), and you get a "device not found" message.Possible Reason: The hardware was plugged in before installing the software. This means that the software driver necessary for interfacing the i1Display to the computer was not present.
1. Open Device Manager. Either "Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System > Hardware > device manager" OR press “Win-Key” + “Pause” Key and select > Hardware > device manager..
2. Under “Other Devices”, the i1Display will be marked with a yellow question mark and black exclamation mark. Right-click on the Eye-One display icon and select “Update Driver.”.
3. The Install Wizard will start, and the driver for i1Display will install correctly..
- Always install software before installing USB devices such as the i1Display.
- For a correct i1Display driver installation, the following files must be installed:
We recommend that you upgrade to the most recent Service Pack for Windows to avoid device connection problems.
Questions? Need a Quote? Contact Us. 1.800.248.9748