Ad Hoc Network creation on Windows
The following instruction were created using Windows 7. Instructions for other versions of Windows may be slightly different.
- From your Windows desktop click "Start"
- Click "Control Panel"
- In the search box, type "Network"
- Click "Network and Sharing Center"
- Click "Set up a new connection or network"
- Click "Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network"
- Click "Next"
- Enter a name for the network, this can be anything you like
- Click the drop down arrow next to "Security type" and choose "No authentication (Open)
- Click next
- On your iPad, iPod, or iPhone, go to "Settings" > "Wi-Fi" and click on this newly created network to connect to it.
- If you get a message stating "(NetworkName) Is Not Connected to the Internet", click "Join Anyway"
- Launch the ColorTRUE app
- If you cannot connect immediately after making these changes, please wait a couple minutes and try again.
to return to the troubleshooter
Questions? Need a Quote? Contact Us. 1.888.800.9580