1. Clean the instrument and the calibration plaque. Click HERE for cleaning instructions. Attempt to take a measurement, If the error still occurs proceed to step 2.
2. Disconnect the instrument from power and remove the battery pack for a few seconds, and then replace it.
3. Connect the power cable directly to the instrument and double click the power button. (This will put the instrument into a "fast charging" mode). Let the battery charge for 1 hour.
4. Attempt to take a measurement. If the error still occurs, the battery may need to be replaced. If the battery is known to be good (works in another instrument) or is new and has been charged, move on to step 5.
5. Reset the instrument to original factory settings. This will cause the loss of all data stored in the instrument (Standards and Samples). This can be done by following the instructions HERE.