1. Expose and process 5 old and 5 new films on the same day.For Example:
2. Select a channel not normally used for daily processing.
3. Read the first (1st) film from the older emulsion.
4. Record the calculated Base+Fog, Speed Index, and Contrast Index.
5. Repeat with the remaining four (4) films.
6. Manually average the recorded values.
|Film #||Base+Fog||S. Index||C. Index (Old Film Emulsion)|
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 with the newer emulsion.For Example:
|Film #||Base+Fog||S. Index||C. Index (New Film Emulsion)|
8. For the Base+Fog, Speed and Contrast Indices, subtract the Old from the New and record the differences.
9. Select the channel which is being modified.
10. Replace the AUTO Aims with MANUAL Aims for Base+Fog, Speed, and Contrast.
New Aim = Old Aim + (New Average - Old Average) Base+Fog = Old Aim + (0.19 - 0.21) S. Index = Old Aim + (1.33 - 1.27) C. Index = Old Aim + (3.28 - 3.20)