Ethernet connections to VeriColor Hub systems are not plug and play. There is a specific methodology required to accomplish this.
Note: The Ethernet cable used to connect should be a cross over Ethernet cable instead of a straight through cable. The screens below are from Windows XP. In Windows 7 the screens will vary although the concept is the same.
1) Set IP settings in VC software:
2) Configure PC network card to match
3) Right Click and go to properties for Local Area Network
4) Highlight TCP/IP (v4 if using windows 7) and click properties:
5) Set properties to match VC settings, but actual IP addresses should differ slightly (they can’t share an IP address):
6) Click OK on network properties and close network windows/dialog boxes
7) Disconnect from serial port in VC software
8) Enter instrument’s IP address (not PCs IP address):
Questions? Need a Quote? Contact Us. 1.800.248.9748